I raced a Carrera GT this morning

BigSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have raced him to Mons Venus, then stopped in for a quick lap dance! I miss living in Tampa, I hit 167 on my Suzuki TL100R on the Gandy Bridge.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmmmmm, Arbys! I like it when I get horsey sauce all over my lips.

Back to the topic, A Carrera GT would be quite a sight just sitting still on the street. To see one on motion must have been awesome. Getting to RACE one? Once in a lifetime! I disagree about it looking like a stretched boxster. In pictures, maybe. In person, no way.

I had a Testarossa pass me in Greer SC yesterday, I wasn't in the Viper. It's hard to believe I can tear it to shreds when it just looks so cool going down the road.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a guy here in Akron Ohio who has a Carrera GT. They even had an article in the paper about him a few weeks ago talking about his car. They said the local dealer (Cascade auto) didnt beleive him when he said he wanted to order one the day he came in to pick up his new 911 Turbo.

I've been looking for him ;)

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm fortunate enough to get to see these things all the time! I live and work right down the street from the Mercedes/Porsche dealer, and I live near a very affluent part of town, so I see all kinds of crazy rides. In the last few months I've seen several CGT's, a couple of SLR's, an Enzo, a Jag XJ220, and more Ferrari's, Lambo's, Maybach's, Bentley's and RR's than I can shake a stick at! It's really cool to see these amazing cars cruising down the road. I pulled up next to the XJ in my SRT, and got beside a CGT in my 911, but neither of them wanted to play.

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys all I can say is I will always remember it. I see Vette's all the time and maybe a Viper or two in the last year, but never a Carrera GT, and get to street race it, never in my wildest dreams would I have ever even thought about it going out Saturday morning. It ain't no Boxer by any means.....it really looked like a space ship w/ this big flat raised wing on the rear. It seemed to be long compared to the Viper and had the same slot on the side as the Viper has.
I know street rac'in is dumb and a risk, but it was over in ten seconds and to think should I, or should'nt I.....you have "0" time for a sensible decision and being a Carrera GT
you just gotta do it. I wish I had followed him into the Mac's and used my phone for a picture but I was really shaking.....and I think he was a bit surprised or too or embarassed by the Snake's response to still be next to him so I didn't. Where's a turbo when you need it......

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see those cars all the time when I go to Crystal Cove. Carrera GT, Mercedes SLR and one time there were three Enzos at the same time.

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a silver one frequently at MSR. Unfortunately, the guy will never take it on the track- only drives it there to park in the lot. I am looking forward to spanking him when that day comes where he actually has the balls to hit the track with it (and I am quite sure he knows that)...

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see those cars all the time when I go to Crystal Cove. Carrera GT, Mercedes SLR and one time there were three Enzos at the same time.
Nothing like seeing 3 Million in Enzos in 1 parking lot. Must have been a jaw dropping experience. :eek:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes, we see them all the time at Crystal Cove, an impromptu car show held on Saturday mornings along PCH in so Cal. Yes, I wasted one a couple of months ago on PCH. Have seen a few cruising the coast, but no takers lately. Mabe it's the whine of the Paxton?

All the Paxton guys would have fun running against them. I've noticed that most of these guys don't drive very well. We had a guy put a CGT into the wall at Ontario a couple of months ago on the first lap! Killed himself and his passenger. The CGTs are very quick off the line, but that's where it ends compared to the Viper. Catch one from a roll and with 3.55's, headers and K&N's, you can take them. With more mods, like a Paxton, you will embarrass them. It's fun.

I was fortunate enough to have a new F-430 chase me down a month or so ago. My wife and I were on our way to dinner. He tried to blow by us, not! After we wasted him, he turned around, tucked tail and ran. What a blast this car can be.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had followed him into the Mac's and used my phone for a picture but I was really shaking.....and I think he was a bit surprised or too or embarassed by the Snake's response to still be next to him so I didn't.

I'm just enjoying Wilmas aftermath by caddle light. Hows Tampa?

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not care if that car had 300 horse and ran the quarter in 13's. That car is bad-a$$.

I was beat by a colt with a gst motor and trans in it.
I ran a 12.0 and he ran a 11.4 but no way would i want that POS.....

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not care if that car had 300 horse and ran the quarter in 13's. That car is bad-a$$.

I was beat by a colt with a gst motor and trans in it.
I ran a 12.0 and he ran a 11.4 but no way would i want that POS.....

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy has a Carrera GT and it postively ROCKS! He let me drive his GT and all I can say is WOW it handles so well. It takes turns that would have either one of my Vipers in the weeds. Having said all that the Viper is an awesome car and my DLM Viper will eat it up in a straight line. Around the track it would be a different story. He also owns a Viper ACR and that is the car he likes to race. So that says something. :cool:

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice run.... I saw a black one sitting in traffic last week on the way to downtown Miami.... maybe he didn't get you by that much, but it's a much quicker, faster car.... they pull 130+ MPH traps...

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice run.... I saw a black one sitting in traffic last week on the way to downtown Miami.... maybe he didn't get you by that much, but it's a much quicker, faster car.... they pull 130+ MPH traps...

FikseGTS,
I'm sure that thing is faster, but every dog has his day. What was so impressive
was the lateral push it had. My hood comes up and his car stayed flat like an Indy racer. Just seeing it was incredible. I think he was "all out" but if not
it was really funny the look , or double take on his face when I was still on his rear quarter.
By the way....I like your car.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You did the right thing mike. Let him chase you to get a closer look at the $85K American Muscle car that his $500K worth of euro trash couldn't shake. That's GOTTA hurt :)

Do you even realize how rediculous you sound calling a Porsche Carrera GT, "euro trash"? Please tell me you were smoking crack when you wrote that? I'll know you're a crackhead, but that's better than me thinking you're a complete idiot! :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw a very nice one here at a local dealership last night. Looks good, they acutally have two. Here are a few pics:

You must be registered for see images

Just $448,880.00 each gentlemen. Yellow is the rarest color of all and looks the best in my opinion.

Personally I see these dropping from MSRP significantly in the next several years and hopefully I can then pick on up after years of hard work. :D

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355....that's it!!
It was awesome looking coming by and it was just like the black one you show. The slot on the side and the really big
rear fin stand out. That's the first I have seen since the encounter. Thanks man.....
Mike

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw a very nice one here at a local dealership last night. Looks good, they acutally have two. Here are a few pics:

Just $448,880.00 each gentlemen. Yellow is the rarest color of all and looks the best in my opinion.

Personally I see these dropping from MSRP significantly in the next several years and hopefully I can then pick on up after years of hard work. :D

How in the hell do you shift those things? :confused:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are awesome cars, but I don't think that I would want one. They look kind of goofy from the side view, they're just completely flat behind the cabin. Only pic I could find (and also a funny one!):

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB17&Number=569941&Forum=UBB17&Words=carrera%20gt&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=569941&Search=true#Post569941

The picture of reference:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355....that's it!!
It was awesome looking coming by and it was just like the black one you show. The slot on the side and the really big
rear fin stand out. That's the first I have seen since the encounter. Thanks man.....
Mike

No problem. Glad I could help. I love the CGT with a passion!

How in the hell do you shift those things? :confused:

It is set up pretty weird but must be pretty neat at the same time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte