I really did do a search on this GTS rear speaker thing, honest!

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear speakers are subs and they are not great speakers.

I replaced mine with the JL audio subs recommended in other threads on this board (p/n 6WO). Direct replacement.

I am not positive, but I believe either a crossover is involved or the amp has a low pass filter on the rear speaker circuit because it seems to be passing only the low frequencies.

For what it's worth, I upgraded my exhaust and don't play the radio too much Viper anymore. My daily driver has 700 watts of custom audio. Depends on what you are looking for. When I drive the Viper, I want to hear the car.

Good luck.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">VPRGTS is correct, the amp is the "crossover" of sorts.

Unfortunately, it limits not only the high frequencies, but also the extreme lows, (to protect the weak factory speakers perhaps?) so you really have a "woofer" frequency range, not a "sub" woofer.

I too took someone's advise and replaced my rear subs with the JL Audio units. While the JL's are nice high quality subs, the swap was worthless. Sounds almost exactly like stock.

The take away.... Unless you plan on replacing the amp and then finding a way to get all of the low frequency signal to the JL Audio subs, save your money and listen to the engine. </FONT f>

jrod178

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick question about the front speakers. I know they are 6.5" components, and a lot of people say 5.25" fit easier. Are there any 6.5" sets that do fit w/o any modifications, will the MB Quart 5.25" component set fit w/o any modifications? If not what 5.25" sets will fit in their without having to drill any new holes? TIA

jrod178

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ttt again
yesnod.gif
supergrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang