I respect cops but.....

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday night took my gf out for dinner and some clubs. nothing crazy, I had 2 drinks or so over the course of 5 hours including some dancing.
go back to her place, it gets late but I need to be back to my place early, so I wake up and leave about 4 am.

I get about 3 miles from her house and a cop pulls me over said I was "swerving".
I wasn't and I was being extremely careful with my speed cause I know cops hang out frequently on this road.

this guy (looked more like he was 16) had a major attitude. I was total respectful. yes sir, no sir the whole bit. within five minutes he says to me "only 3 types of people on the road this time of night drunks, druggies and people on their way to work" (I wanted to say 4 you a$$hole, people going fishing, which is were I was going after swapping cars).

So now I'm starting to get a little pissed but kept it under control.
he says" why are your eyes so red"
fell asleep with my contacts in, which I did and still had them in.

he decides I need a Breathalyzer which I knew I would pass and I did.
while all this is going on another k9 cop pulls up and they start talking. as they are making me take everything out of my glove box I here one say to the other "I can't wait to tow this car".

well needless to say I wasn't drunk, had nothing on me and after wasting an hour of my time they sent me on my way. I am still super pissed and feel they targeted me just because of the car, as there were quite a few other cars out.

just had to vent.
I am sure there were some real criminals roaming around.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, they probably had suspicions about your car at that time of the morning, and I respect cops too, but that doesn't excuse the way they treated you during the process. Shrug it off and move on. It could have been worse if they stopped you earlier on when the alcohol was fresh in your system.

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sadly,this has become pretty much the norm in Florida. The police, gov t agencies, etc. want to show numbers by harassing easy prey while leaving the rapists etc. on the street (remember the ****** of the 8yr old let free because he couldn t speak English)so they can convince us we need more govt to protect us ,ad nauseum.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good and bad, but if there are so many good ones why don't they **** out the bad ones?

The first goal of every bureacracy is to protect the bureacracy.

The second goal of every bureacracy is to obtain more power and control.

Maybe somewhere down at the third or fourth goal does that bureacracy actually start worrying about deliverying it's stated purpose.

That's why the Catholic church chose to put a higher priority on protecting **** priests rather than the kids in the parish.

I'm very pro-cop and put a high priority on donating to charities that help the kids of KIA cops, but the cop-bureacracies do a terrible job of protecting us from the small percentage of cops who are power-tripping jerks.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you k now what a Hassa is?...a PIG that dont fly straight....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A break was maybe given, but we're not hearing both sides of the story.

there was a time i got pulled over for being on a cell when i wasnt. cop wrote me up for seatbelt instead,
time when i got pulled over for speeding when i wasnt and got written up for a front plate instead.
time when i got pulled over for apparently speeding, and they couldnt prove it, and got tix for throwing a cig bud on the side of the road instead

i can go on and on but seriously how low could these pigs go?

Last edited:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like said above.... There are good ones and real pains in the A*SES. I donate to every F-ing police phone call I get, and I am slowly thinking of starting to hang up on them. I keep it up becasue when you get the help and service you need in the comunity, sure it's great. I couild even swallow being pulled over knowing I did something wrong. But the A**HOLES who really just want to break balls are the ones that turn me off to all law enforcement.

I can't stand these hipocrits who talk to you as though they lead such perfect lives themselves. You know the story ???....Those who live in glass houses ........

I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to hang up Andrew, just start giving them a earfull of your last encounter with your local Barney Fife and before you know it, you will be yelling in their ear. They won't call back :D:D

Worked for me:2tu::2tu:

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's happened to me TWICE around here, and it was even that time of night ... but I got the same treatment. ......

i love this part ... everytime I get pulled over its: "whos car is this?"

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saturday night took my gf out for dinner and some clubs. nothing crazy, I had 2 drinks or so over the course of 5 hours including some dancing.
go back to her place, it gets late but I need to be back to my place early, so I wake up and leave about 4 am.

I get about 3 miles from her house and a cop pulls me over said I was "swerving".
I wasn't and I was being extremely careful with my speed cause I know cops hang out frequently on this road.

this guy (looked more like he was 16) had a major attitude. I was total respectful. yes sir, no sir the whole bit. within five minutes he says to me "only 3 types of people on the road this time of night drunks, druggies and people on their way to work" (I wanted to say 4 you a$$hole, people going fishing, which is were I was going after swapping cars).

So now I'm starting to get a little pissed but kept it under control.
he says" why are your eyes so red"
fell asleep with my contacts in, which I did and still had them in.

he decides I need a Breathalyzer which I knew I would pass and I did.
while all this is going on another k9 cop pulls up and they start talking. as they are making me take everything out of my glove box I here one say to the other "I can't wait to tow this car".

well needless to say I wasn't drunk, had nothing on me and after wasting an hour of my time they sent me on my way. I am still super pissed and feel they targeted me just because of the car, as there were quite a few other cars out.

just had to vent.
I am sure there were some real criminals roaming around.

When I see cars swerving, I pull them over to investigate for DWI. That in combination with red eyes would arrouse my suspicion even further. I would also offer an intoxilyzer test due to the tottality of the circumstances. Upon your passing of the test, I would immediately suspect narcotics because you were swerving and had red eyes (this is reasonable suspicion) so the K-9 isn't so out of order.

You gave all the signs of a DWI which is a serious criminal IMO. They KILL people.

If he treated you badly via language then you should file a complaint. We all deserve our dignity.

GTRDIABLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can totally relate. I had my Lamborghini Replica in town for a total of 20 mins before the cops phoned my shop. They had run the plates and wanted to know what it was doing in town. I had done nothing wrong didn't speed didn't do anything it was parked when they ran the plates. Not sure where they get off running plates just to see who owns what in town. I guess that's what you get for living in a small town.

I also got pulled over for 5km over the speed limit while passing a Corvette doing 80 in 100 zone. He said "do you have a radar detector" I said "no" He said I was doing 40 over which I wasn't supposably he couldn't get it to lock on. So he issued me a ticket for 5km over. And told me to tell my buddy in the Corvette to slow down. "WHAT" I said I don't even know him and he was doing 80. Cop just left. What an *******.

I could go on all day.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I owned a go-fast boat for many years. Go-fast boats are often targets for harrassment by water cops (especially the rookie summer hires). Lots of go-fast boaters carry video cameras on board. The quickest way to get a water cop to go away is to point a video camera at him.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well over the years I have had a few run ins with the police. Mostly my bad. Speeding on interstate 280 pulled me ove and aske me if I wanted an ass chewing or a ticket..... I took the ass chewing. last month I got pulled over for 83 in a 55 in the viper.... Told me to be more careful and the speedlimit was 55 no matter what. Sent me on my way..... I had thought maybe I should go to Vegas to see just how my luck would play out. Wnet home instead the best move I think.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang