Re: I think I\'ve been duped

--------------------
'02 Graphite RT/10
Paxton SC
6th Viper owned
VCA member since 1996
'57 Chevy Nomad
'99 Harley Dyna Wide

Not to hijack....but as I was doing my daily "thing", I noticed you wrote "VCA Member since 1996" in your sig. I then noticed that you are listed as "Enthusiast"...which bothered me as I thought I was not doing my "job" very well. So, I did what I normally do...I go into your profile to fix this little problem, figuring I'd scope out your Member number, or name, and crosscheck it against my database. Once I did that I would change your title, throw a couple more switches, and hook you up.

Well....that didn't happen because NONE of the Viper/VIN info is in there. If you would fill in that info (viewable only to me), I will gladly make sure your account is all set up for access to all the forums...and it'll make you eligible for the VCA Member drawings. This is an open invitation to all...this instance just gave me an audience to make a post about it. :)

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just to provide a bit of contrast:

I ordered a set of Motons, springs, etc. from Archer.

I don't have any complaints. The parts arrived promptly. John Archer was more than willing to share his experience with my installer regarding the best suspension settings etc.

Overall, it was a positive experience. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase parts from Archer again.

Kai

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I, for one will try to throw whatever business I can to Bobby Archer. He has gone out of his way to help me, and has provided me excellent service. I count myself fortunate that I live 15 miles from his shop. I think he is an incredible resource-he races Vipers and he wins in Vipers. I'll try to throw whatever business his way I can. I am cost conscious but it is only one of several factors to consider, as far as I am concerned. I don't worry that someone in his shop will take my car out for a joy ride and wreck it. I don't worry about his mechanics needing a learning curve while working on my car. He showed me around his shop and there were 20-30 Vipers all around. And it is an easy fix-ask for an estimate, and if it is an outrageous quote, just say no.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I reported just the facts guys. John told me he had one set of Motons in stock, they were promised to someone else but their credit card did not go thru so he would send them to me. I said great, please make sure they arrive on Friday or before so I can install them over the weekend. He said no problem. Friday came and went and no shocks. I called the next week to follow up and John said if I did not get the first set, he would overnight a second set so I would have them by that Friday. I did not get them again and that’s where I have a real problem. I did get them yesterday and they came from the Netherlands, which means John did not have them in the first place. That’s why he could never give me the tracking number and that’s why my card was not charged, he had not shipped them. Why did he promise what he knows he could not deliver, my guess is he got over anxious to please.

John did call me on Monday and told me the shocks have shipped 2nd day on him and gave me a tracking number. He called today to check and see if I received everything. I told him the springs have not arrived yet and the mounting bolts to the Comp oil pan were missing. He said he would check on them and he did call right back and say the springs would arrive today and the bolts would be overnighted for Friday delivery. Thanks John for following up this week and hopefully by Monday I will have some performance results to share. Sorry if it hurts, John and his supporters, but we are grown ups and that is the story. I found John very helpful and knowledgeable. I will order from him again. BTW,I am talking about John at Archer Racing in Minnesota not Bobby in Texas, his brother.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I, for one will try to throw whatever business I can to Bobby Archer. He has gone out of his way to help me, and has provided me excellent service. I count myself fortunate that I live 15 miles from his shop. I think he is an incredible resource-he races Vipers and he wins in Vipers. I'll try to throw whatever business his way I can. I am cost conscious but it is only one of several factors to consider, as far as I am concerned. I don't worry that someone in his shop will take my car out for a joy ride and wreck it. I don't worry about his mechanics needing a learning curve while working on my car. He showed me around his shop and there were 20-30 Vipers all around. And it is an easy fix-ask for an estimate, and if it is an outrageous quote, just say no.

That comment about a mechanic taking a car for a joy ride and wrecking it was a low blow. Don't make me bring up the curtains. :smirk: :usa:

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Archer Racing and John Archer have been nothing but honest and helpful to me and V-TEN Racing. I will continue to support both Archer Racing, John Archer, and JonB at PartsRack, our primary sponsor.

If someone is in a pinch at Viper Days, John Archer will give them his personal time and wisdom at no cost.

Ok, I am done now.

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That comment about a mechanic taking a car for a joy ride and wrecking it was a low blow. Don't make me bring up the curtains. :smirk: :usa:

..............Silence.......................I didn't say anything...........not anything at all...............................................