I want to order a 2004 SRT-10... any suggestions

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your dealer is confused. (!!)

2003s required a certificate, and sold out in 2 weeks. One Viper Per Minute was sold within 18 hours of the process opeining. All were allocated fairly except to Floridians between 25-27 due to some insurance snafu. (KIDDING!)

2004 orders would 'probably' open in MAY 2003 if past is prologue. It is HIGHLY LIKELY that you could be driving a 2003 by then, if you are willing to pay MSRP plus a reasonable premium.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob,

JonB is right as always. 2003's are sold out, 2004's have not even been open for orders yet. You can "get in line" at a dealer and he will enter your order in his system in the order in which you placed it - so you can still get an early car!

Only 2 things though...

First, you can almost certainly find a 2003 because folks will be selling them. Alot of folks have them on order at invoice + some small amount - so if you are willing to pay MSRP or a tad more, you should be able to find a brand new silver SRT maybe even this year!

Second, Dodge usually changes one color per year - so it's possible silver might not be on the lineup in 2003. The only thing you can be sure of is that red will always be a choice - they may choose to keep red/silver/black, or they may drop one or two of those colors in favor of other colors - nobody knows.

2 things you can do!

1) CALL BILL PEMBERTON at Woodhouse Dodge (www.woodhouse.com). He is 'the man' when it comes to Vipers, and you are sure to get what you desire from the boys at *****.

2) I would say if you get a chance at a 2003 in silver, to take it. I can't imagine they will change the car, other than colors. Since so many people championed to get black added, and since RED is the "official" Dodge color, I would GUESS (just a PURE guess) that if they were to change a color, it would most likely be silver. Maybe they will, maybe they won't - but a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. If you find a silver 2003 for a reasonable price, jump on it!

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One other thing you could do is become a VCA regional president OVERNIGHT, without participating, working, earning the election.
THEN you could MAYBE get an early car.

JUST KIDDING !!! No, REALLY ! Kidding.

Bill P will get you a Viper....... you seem 'qualified' in realistic terms...........but how tall? Over 6'3" top up, is a challenge..........

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B,

Are Roger and Richard treating you ok with that new warehouse
space?

If they aren't, let me know! I know people!

Regards,

Steve