Ice??????

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering what might cause ice chips to fly out of my air vents. I did notice that the day I wnet for a longer than normal ride the air seemed to work better than normal. I stopped at IN and Out for a bite to eat and when I got back in the car and started to drive again ice chips started to fly out of my vents. Has anyone had this happen or know what might be going on with it. Seems to work fine but that ws a true first for me.

Husker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have not seen this happen on a Viper, however I have seen similar situations on other vehicles. Just this summer I drove my Viper to an evening "Cruz-in" on a very humid night. When I rolled down the windows it looked as if the air vents were smoking due to the cold air condensing the warm humid air at the window.

You may want to have your AC checked for correct Freon pressure. Low freon pressure can, in certain conditions (humidity/temperature), create abnormal low cooling temps on the evaporator coil. This will allow for moisture in the air to freeze on the coil. As a result you will see ice blow off he coil into the passenger cabin.

Hope this helps

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen corn kernels drop out (Mice) of the vents in my friends' GenII...but never ice.

F

FrgMstr

That is a freon balance/charging issue. Get it fixed. Simple.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine did that right before it stopped blowing cold. Bought a $15 bottle with the gauge and recharged it and it's been working normally since.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 08 Vert did this. Backing up into a parking spot I was showered with ice. Both my 09 ACR and my 08 Vert appear to need a recharge. AC stops blowing hard during a long drive.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
v10enomous:3000298 said:
Mine did that right before it stopped blowing cold. Bought a $15 bottle with the gauge and recharged it and it's been working normally since.
Do this for easy fix.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
off topic i guess but when an airplane does this exact same thing, it scares me....

get it fixed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4