Idle Video ... before and after 1.7 roller rockers + A&C Tune !!! ---

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice effort but...

Perhaps not a good video comparison for two reasons.
1. Looking at the condensation & smoke coming out of the tailpipe in the 2nd vid it looks like the videos were taken at two different engine temps And two diff ambient temps. This alone will change the sound at idle. My GTS has a very consistant sound at startup/cold idle then as she warms up the lumpyness kicks in and she literally rocks back & forth to the engine beat. Then at full warm/hot she tames down to a normal 708cam lumpyness.

2. Camera/Mic position is different from video to video. One a few feet above the exhaust outlet, the other on the ground directly in-line with the outlet.
Why wouldnt you record from the same spot?

Please re-do the second video in similar conditions to the first (car warm w/ camera on ground)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throttle response is OUT OF THIS WORLD.

FYI, It is possible that you are simply fealing the lesser value of time delay for the snap throttle response. Stock is slow for easy shifts and less bucking. Its standard for tuners to tinker with that on our tunes. It makes it "feal" like you have a lightwieght flywheel...

Two Q's:

Did you do a dyno run before/after to check the A/F ratios and power increase?

Did A&C tell you what specifically they changed in the tune?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually didnt take the vids for comparison reasons ... I took the old vid to show my friend what it sounds like , then took it lastnight to show another friend what the car sounds like now.

I then thought, HMMM lets see how different it sounds.

I can redo it for you , sounds like a fun and easy task :)

I did a dyno run before ... havent made it to the shop after. I will be there within the next couple weeks for sure.

A&C did not tell me what they changed, I am sure they would tell me if I asked. What should I ask?

It definately feels like I have a lightweight flywheel , thats a good comparison ... but I didnt notice bucking and I have 3.73 gears.

Honestly I need more drive time.

The first vid was taken after a 15 minute drive in 90 degree weather.

The second vid was taken after a 5 minute warmup in 55 degree weather.

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eIg53ct-Ls

Here is a vid of the dyno AFTER.

I gained 25rwhp / 28 rwtq with a hennessey carbon fiber intake box (had smooth tubes before), 1.7 Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, and A&C Mail Tune.

The AFR was 1 full point leaner though (13.25 ... after the cats at the exhaust tip, probably around 12.75 after the header), so I sent the specs to Todd and he will adjust accoordingly. ---

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4