If cash wasn't the problem, would you give up your GTS/RT for a SRT-10?

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up the gts for a srt. I think the curves on the gts are what makes it so unique compared to the others. I park my car next to a ssg srt at work and most people admire my car more than the ssg besides the unique color of the srt.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the problem with the SRT Vipers; they designed a wild looking Viper in '02 in the concept Viper but toned it down when it came time for production. The SRT Viper that everybody is going nuts for in this thread has the body of the concept Viper. If the production car had that body, this topic would not come up. I still think that the Gen 3,4 Vipers are great looking cars in the right colors (those ACR wheels are hideous) but they certainly would have been better received if they did not compromise the styling in production and instead, stuck with the more aggressive look.

What is this pole dancer/ Victoria Secret nonsense all about? Is the GTS a pig and the SRT a poser car? Sorry but I don't worship cheap females. What is up with the american culture that so many people look up to bench ***** floozies? You know, there are some intelligent, attractive females in the world who don't have to lower themselves to trailer park status.

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is this pole dancer/ Victoria Secret nonsense all about? Is the GTS a pig and the SRT a poser car? Sorry but I don't worship cheap females. What is up with the american culture that so many people look up to bench ***** floozies?

from Webster's

ANALOGY \A*nal"o*gy\, n.; pl. {Analogies}. [L. analogia, Gr. ?, fr. ?: cf. F. analogie. See {Analogous}.]
1. A resemblance of relations; an agreement or likeness
between things in some circumstances or effects, when the
things are otherwise entirely different.

This is something people use in the English language to try to express some sense of what they feel. Many people have an immediate emotional response to seeing a Viper, and because the car has a sculpted body, and generates lust and often release of adrenaline and emotions similar to that involved with sex; there is some slight reason why this analogy would make sense in many cultures.

I hear that the Taliban insist that their Vipers always be covered with a black car cover when being driven on public roads; and only allow them to be exposed to the sun on private track days. Thankfully, I live in the USA where more relaxed standards apply, :usa:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point is that it is a sh1tty analogy to say the least. Analogies have to make sense and I for one, do not find anything appealing about a bench *****. I would never compare one to a beloved masterpiece like a Viper.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the gts viper is a car of its own the new gen vipers look a lot like the corvette z06

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much are you going to drive? The GTS for weekend cruising(looks) and some track use. The SRT if it's a daily driver, and some track.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, that might be the sexiest SRT pic I've seen. Been eyeballing a black one to add to my stable, and the stripes really set it off as a sharp car. Very cool.

I get a LOT of attention with my SRT. Maybe it's the color combo.

You must be registered for see images attach

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy serpents Batman! Somebody has a serious fetish for these cars!

Noticed the GTS is sitting high and tight up on the lift. I wonder if that means anything regarding which one he favors ;)

Still drooling over that SRT. The best looking one I've ever seen. I might actually prefer that car over the Lamborghini Diablo/Murceilago. That thing is one of a kind.

I did...:lmao::rolaugh:

I got my first Viper the day my divorce was final.

Never regretted it...

And NEVER been happier with my new "family"...:D

4_cars_001.jpg

GTS or SRT ???
Very hard decision after driving both...:dunno:

Like the previous posts' stated, Depends on what you want it for.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be super happily married to a super hot, perfect woman who is maintenance free and has zero drama, or from an area where the strippers are ugly heffers. Being from Tampa, FL, the analogy makes perfect sense to me. If you're ever there, visit Mons Venus, the girls there are naked, freaky Victoria Secret models.

Mind you, this is coming from a single, never married 30 year old who has driven an exotic pole dancer. They are definitely fun. :headbang:

My point is that it is a sh1tty analogy to say the least. Analogies have to make sense and I for one, do not find anything appealing about a bench *****. I would never compare one to a beloved masterpiece like a Viper.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most of you know the Viper was derived from the Shelby AC Cobra concept: smooth, manly, mean, and with grunt, all at the same time. I think the SRTs have moved on from that to a sharper, sleeker, sexier look, like the Lambos. Not saying its a bad thing, just different. That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see half of us liking one more than the other.

My motivation to get a GTS was performance driven. I wanted a 97-99 Viper because they came with an all forged built motor, which is perfect for aftermarket mods to get big HP. I can honestly say if the later model Vipers had the same, I might have gone for one of those. I love the looks of both cars, but wouldn't trade my 97 B/W GTS for a SRT just for that reason.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be super happily married to a super hot, perfect woman who is maintenance free and has zero drama, or from an area where the strippers are ugly heffers. Being from Tampa, FL, the analogy makes perfect sense to me. If you're ever there, visit Mons Venus, the girls there are naked, freaky Victoria Secret models.

Mind you, this is coming from a single, never married 30 year old who has driven an exotic pole dancer. They are definitely fun. :headbang:

Strip clubs are nothing but a waste of money. What enjoyment is there in brushing off 20 ugly women who are asking you to pay for a dance, just to watch one good looking one.? I've been to Tampa and the strippers there looked like trailer park evictees.