If you have to have a problem, this is the one to have!

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The recline mechanism broke on my driver's side seat, so I'm looking for a new seat w/ working mechanism. I removed the seat from the car, removed the mechanism, couldn't fix the stupid thing (I think an internal pin must have sheared off), so I fabbed up a fixed position bar(manually adjustable, but you have to remove the seat to do it) out of aluminum bar stock.

I had moved the seat back forward to check on the harness I have behind the seat, and when I tried to move the seat back to the rear, no dice! What a PITA! Glad it happened in my garage and not 100 miles from home. I just couldn't get the seat back to move, and it was too far forward to drive the car. With the fabbed bar in there, I could just continue to drive it as it is, since I haven't needed to adjust the seat back except to inspect the harness, but it just bugs me that it isn't adjustable now.

P.S. Tried Dodge, and they can't even find the mechanism in their parts book. Not surprising since it's not in the service manual either. If anyone has a Gen II or even a Gen III driver's side seat they want to sell, let me know. I understand the Gen III's fit right in, and I might as well upgrade if I have to replace it.

Thanks,
Pete

OP
OP
O

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jim. Got a PM from Eddie Martin and I'll call him tomorrow for a possible solution. Just bought new StopTech Street Performance pads from Jon, and he really seems like a great guy to work with too.