IL VCA Charity Event!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

During the year, we always plan on finding fun events to throw in for those who can make it. Our focus on charity events brings us to a fun gathering for a good cause in ****** Dam, Wisconsin. As you know, the Illinois Region of the VCA also has members from surrounding states. Some of our very active members have asked for our involvement at an event at which we can make a big impact.
You must be registered for see images
The American Cancer Society sponsors a continuing event called “Relay for Life”. This event is designed to bring together those who have been touched by cancer. Their website is: http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=190580.

The event is planned for June 22nd. Vipers are asked to be in attendance to create a Viper display. Vipers will get a police ****** onto the grounds before the event. Cars will be roped off and put on display for all to see. Later in the event, Viper rides will be organized to raise money for the charity. All drivers will get shirts to identify them during the drive events. An area will be created for washing cars should you need to do so. The drive to ****** Dam is 2 ½ hours north from Chicago and a fun, leisurely drive. We’ll likely organize a Viper caravan and turn it into a small cruise for those that take part.

The ****** Dam community and police department are extremely excited about our involvement. Their local paper as well as our Vision newsletter will be there to report. We can truly make a difference for this town and an impact at the event. Let’s show some Viper spirit and use our cars for another good cause!

The more the merrier. I’ll be there myself. Email me if you’re interested in joining in!

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks, we've gotten a big response to this event. We'll be organizing a more formal cruise to that location to include a stop and likely a meal.

Thanks to all those who responded, the spirit is definitely alive. We figured on 2-4 cars given that it was a weekday and long drive up north. We had that many in the first hour...

If you're interested, email me and I'll add you to the list. [email protected]

Thanks

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will this event be going on again next year? I only live 20 minutes from this event and would love to be apart of it now that I own a Viper.

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely will, at the end of the event they already asked we come back next year. It was a big hit. The Viper Vision newsletter is on it's way to folks. The 2 page spread tells the story.

We'd be glad to have you.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, if you guys need any help organizing this. I'm sure most of you from Illinois will be driving 30 seconds away from my house on your way to ****** Dam, so if you'd like me to help set up anything, I'm more than willing. We could take pictures at my house or something if you want a group shot. I can also set up eating arrangements if you'd want to go out for dinner. And my backyard is adjacent to a big park with a frisbee-golf course if you guys want something fun to do.

Thanks again!

Mark

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, thanks a bunch. Just might take you up on the offer. Our counterparts in WI are the ones who help me with this, I'd be glad to have another hand. Thanks a bunch!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude