I'm Back

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in case y'all think I dropped off the planet... Well, I kinda did -- 17-hour work days for the past few months took the wind out of granny's sails.

Then to make things even more "fun" the Slate Snake got trashed by some vandals. Rear windows for an '06 SRT-10 are a mere $1,400 installed. If you go to Misson CJD, do not let the body subcontractor "Color All" touch your Viper - they are absolutely clueless - messed up my rear deck alignment totally (also put boot scuffs and dirt on my seats and door sills). What they couldn't do in over an hour, I fixed myself in less than 30 minutes.

Along with the new rear window, I've got a new set of Pilot Sport IIs to replace the stocker run-flats. Makes quite a bit of difference in handling.

Probably won't be able to make the Aug TWS event, but come Sep, I should be back in business! :drive:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad your back!!!! Hasn't been the same without you Tere! :)

Maybe we will see you at Biff's?

OP
OP
T

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks y'all -- good to be back.

I now have a 24/7 security camera with a motion sensitive alarm on the DVR -- I can see everything going on out front from my bedroom. So far I've only seen nocturnal four-legged critters. The spider spinning a web right smack in front of the camera did cause the motion alarm to go bonkers.

I heard through the grapevine that several folks are getting to be regulars a Biffs. I'll have to make a swing by sometime.

Next weekend I have to put a new accelerator pedal position sensor in the '03 350 -- the sensor reads pedal to the floor all the time. As long as I drive with the pedal to the floor, all is OK. :drive:

Luckily the two rocks only hit the rear window -- no body damage aside from the rear deck alignment all out of whack. Bad camera work on the photo, but you get the idea...

Attachments

• vipertrashed1.jpg
    vipertrashed1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 25

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tere,
I'm glad all is well - I was beginning to think the worst. I knew all was well when I saw you in the Viper on San Pedro, I was in the Jeep & you were going the opposite way. Then I heard about your window from Paul when I was getting one of my trucks serviced. I had some hail damage on one of the trucks repaired by color all - yeah, I'll never go back. I have had the entire front (fenders, hood, bumper) and rear (bumper)of the Charger SRT repainted by Slim's at 3009 & 35 (beside the Star Bucks) and the work is awesome!!! It's been on there for over 6 months and looks great. Real good/personal service - they cost more but it's well worth it in my eyes.

The Charger got backed into at that Star Bucks and scuffed the rear. Decided to have the whole front end repainted at the same time to "renew" it from the 3 years it's been pelted by rocks on 1604. Looks brandy new and the line are all perfect.

Glad you are back with us all. I won't be out at Biff's this Friday with TWS but there are several regulars that go out there (John, Chris, Curt, Paul, Ray, Ken and I'm usually there twice a month). Now that the weather is cooling down at night the turn out is HUGE! Starting to see many more of the custom rods with no AC starting to come out. As usual the rice is kept at the far end. Last time there was about 15 new Cameros (10 with paper plate) show up. It's nice to see the new Camero, Challenger & Mustang all lined up next to each other. It reminds me of the car shows I went to as a kid with my dad - now I take my kid. Man I'm clad the 80's & 90's are OVER!!!! Talk about a dark time in automotive history.

Glad you back!