Im looking for a B&W 96/97 GTS >>

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got a wanted ad up but thought id post here as well

Ive had three vipers and Im looking to pick up another B/W GTS with the following:

- Clean History (No Accidents)
- All Keys, Books, Paperwork, etc
- Stock OK, but Light Mods Preferred (Smooth Tubes, Exh, Eibachs, etc) :2tu:
- Lower the mileage the better, but not looking for garage queen either

Shoot me a pm and let me know what you've got. Thanks in advance:)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would a GTS with 8K miles, Clean, All OEM, with an extra set of wheels ?

OP
OP
P

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank - Your car sounds MINTY! Id be interested but I also want to take my time to find something with some mods if possible :) PM me details on wheels and your price though. Thanks.

OP
OP
P

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** replied.

Price range you are shopping in....:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Im not looking for a museum piece as I want to drive it and enjoy, however Id like keep it < 50k. I have started to see some B&W 06 Coupes in the 5x's which is getting my interest, but right now looking for a well sorted Gen2 B&W.

Seems like there are a BUNCH of these out there.

The ones I see out there are mostly STOCK, but Im hoping to find one from an enthusiast here on VCA and with the some mods done already so I dont have to...im lazy :D

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes...That time of year. Downsizing, Business is up for Sale, Would like to Move.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
50k hummmm :think:
What kind of mods are you looking for?
I've been thinking of an 08' but not too excited about parting with my 96'.
Mods- smooth tubes/filters, solid wires, E/B ceramic coated headers, 3" Borla cat delete exhaust, nitrous system, SCT Tuner with 3 tunes/2-na tunes and 1- n2o tune. 09' six spokes, crossdrilled and slotted rotors w/green pads. Also some asthetic stuff...

OP
OP
P

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of mods are you looking for?

Not interested in sc/tt/nos, but more of the simple bolt ons which I would do anyway (tubes, exhaust - headers/RT HFs/cat-back or just cat-back, eibachs, etc). Rims would be bonus! Overall just looking for a nice B&W to keep and enjoy for awhile :D

It def has to have cats or HFs to pass emissions here in VA.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not interested in sc/tt/nos, but more of the simple bolt ons which I would do anyway (tubes, exhaust - headers/RT HFs/cat-back or just cat-back, eibachs, etc). Rims would be bonus! Overall just looking for a nice B&W to keep and enjoy for awhile :D

It def has to have cats or HFs to pass emissions here in VA.

n2o only used a few passes at the track last year (ran 11.73@119mph 6500ft altitude) can be left on or taken off pretty quick. Just bought HF cats for it n gonna put em on here pretty soon.

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine would probably be perfect for you, but i'm not sure i'd want to part with it, lol.

97 B/W, 10k miles, full exhaust w/ high flow cats, k&n intake/smooth tubes, short shifter, aluminum flywheel, racing clutch, koni shocks, baer big brake kit, Forgeline rims.

Last edited:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For $50K you could buy a perfect trailer queen. Barrett Jackson recently sold a 96 or 97 with 1300 HP for $50K..... I think you can find what you are looking for under $40K no problem.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For $50K you could buy a perfect trailer queen. Barrett Jackson recently sold a 96 or 97 with 1300 HP for $50K..... I think you can find what you are looking for under $40K no problem.

Thats the way to keep the value up on Vipers, way to go there james...:rolleyes:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats the way to keep the value up on Vipers, way to go there james...:rolleyes:

Like i make the prices? It is what it is. I would like to think my car is worth $10K more than it is too, but i am just being realistic, i didn't say i liked it....Closed sales don't lie.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Link for said car or sale???

Speed Channel replays the Barrett Jackson auctions all the time, there is no link i can point you to, again it was a televised event. It was on VERY recently i saw it about 2 weeks ago.

I am sincerely sorry if i am offending anyone here, but I am stating facts relevant to the posted topic which i felt would be helpful information.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Speed Channel replays the Barrett Jackson auctions all the time, there is no link i can point you to, again it was a televised event. It was on VERY recently i saw it about 2 weeks ago.

I am sincerely sorry if i am offending anyone here, but I am stating facts relevant to the posted topic which i felt would be helpful information.

Well I am going to have to respectfully disagree. I just purchased a 97 B&W within the last 45 days after being in that market for 6 months or so ACTIVELY looking for one. I too was looking for a lower mile mostly original (maybe exhaust or K&N upgrade) no stories nice car. The reality of it is that any B&W I looked at that was in the 30's, even upper 30's always had some kind of a mark against it. Either a past issue, current problems, cosmetic, paint issue, poor maintenance...pick one. To get a QUALITY piece with known good history, and all paperwork, you will have to spend from 42K on up.
Now I know someone might pull some onetime-firesale-smoking-deal reference out to rebut this, however I am not talking about that gotta be in the right place right time once in a lifetime deal either. I am merely stating that normal shopping and searching followed up by ACTUALLY GOING AND INSPECTING THE CAR IN PERSON will almost always rule out any B&W in the 30's, when you are shopping with the original poster's criteria.
The best piece of advice I can give you is to make sure you actually get to speak to the owner or most recent owner (if at a dealership) and personally inspect the car or have a trusted Viper person do so for you. The attitude of the owner can tell you volumes about their passion and care for it, or lack thereof.

Bottom line. You get what you pay for.

I wish you good luck in your search.:)

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I know the BJ auction you are refering to James and yes they did have a B/W sell for much less than it should have, but only because the autioneer got hammer happy. I also saw the RT10 go for more but only because the hammer didn't fall so quickly. BJ is no reserve and so the person who got that 96' got a smoking deal :2tu: good for them... I'm not offended at all my friend, just don't let it happen again :mad: ! I'm just kidding :lmao: I crack myself up... :D Have a great weekend sir.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To get a QUALITY piece with known good history, and all paperwork, you will have to spend from 42K on up.

I wish you good luck in your search.:)

You sir are exactly correct.

Not only is it becoming increasingly hard to even find a pristine BW with low mileage, those that have them know what they are worth. No one is selling a high quality under 15K BW for less than 42K and if they are there is an issue. Or it's got some undesirable mods or has been thrashed. Scour Fleabay all you want for the trash, then go take a look at what some people call a pristine example. Laughable.

I know someone actively looking for one and has the money to pay whatever is needed and he can't even find one never mind buy one.
They all have stories or are flat out lying in their ads as to quality and condition.

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sir are exactly correct.

Not only is it becoming increasingly hard to even find a pristine BW with low mileage, those that have them know what they are worth. No one is selling a high quality under 15K BW for less than 42K and if they are there is an issue. Or it's got some undesirable mods or has been thrashed. Scour Fleabay all you want for the trash, then go take a look at what some people call a pristine example. Laughable.

I know someone actively looking for one and has the money to pay whatever is needed and he can't even find one never mind buy one.
They all have stories or are flat out lying in their ads as to quality and condition.

Not true. You just have to be patient and look. They are out there. One that was on Autotrader for a while, 97 1 owner B/W with 14K miles in PA just sold for $36K. Car had a few minor scratches, but overal a great deal for the person that bought it. No paint work, no accidents, no stories. Came with all documentation from day 1, no mods and new tires. I almost bought the car, but the guy that came in with the $36K beat me out on my offer that was being seriously considered.

I think you can find a very nice low mile no stories example for $35K - $39K. Market isn't exactly getting better. Things are rough out there. Just be patient.

OP
OP
P

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** returned. Thanks :)

No one is selling a high quality under 15K BW for less than 42K and if they are there is an issue.
I think you are dead on here with regard to miles/price, at least thats what im seeing.

One that was on Autotrader for a while, 97 1 owner B/W with 14K miles in PA just sold for $36K...I think you can find a very nice low mile no stories example for $35K - $39K. Market isn't exactly getting better. Things are rough out there. Just be patient.
I called on that one in Pitts, but never got a call back awhile ago. Oh well, someone got a great deal. Im in no rush and want to find the right one. Its pretty easy to tell when the seller is an enthusiast and probably took care of the car :2tu:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel free to come on down to Carlisle, PA. We can put mine up on the lift. I'm ready to sell my
96. 8K miles, all documents, receipts, but i do want 55K.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960