I'm trying...but I just don't like this BBS as much

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I\'m trying...but I just don\'t like this BBS as much

Okay, I've been trying to "use" this BBS for a while now and give it a fair shot, but I have to say that I just don't like it as much. Sure, this format has LOTS of benefits - too many to list - but the bottom line is that (a) is takes too much time to load each page, (b) it's not easy to scroll through topics quickly, and (c) it seems to me that lots of the old "regulars" (you know who you are) are just not visiting/posting like they used to (I could be wrong on this...).

I realize there is no going back to the old board, but how can we address the above items?

Rich

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m trying...but I just don\'t like this BBS as much

Tony:
Thanks for moving this post to a section of the BBS where few people will see it.

(a) I use a dial-up connection, as I would imagine most do. It takes 4-5 seconds or more to load each page, which gets to be annoying.

(c) I was thinking about Rich Hamiliec, Frank Parise, Steve Fess, Joe Ellis, Joe Bliss, and Skip Thomas, to name a few. As I said, I could be wrong on this point, but I don't surf as much as used to because it takes too long...

BTW, you cannot evaluate "use" of the board by number of posts. I, as do many I'm sure, read the board daily, but only post every now and then.

I do commend you guys for your work in setting up and administrating the new board. It's quite impressive; I just happen to prefer the old board...

Rich

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960