IMO - please pay attention

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three (3) Viper models were introduced: (1) the standard SRT Viper, (2) the SRT Viper GTS and (3) the SRT Viper GTS-R. Not one (1) model but rather three (3) models.

(1) The Standard SRT Viper was shown only in a quick wall projection and showed a different hood design. This model was described as a sort of "back to the basics" model. This model compares most closely to the previous Vipers models. It is intended to appeal to many of the traditional Viper owners. More information is promised later by SRT.

(2) The SRT Viper GTS was the center piece of the introduction. Most of the words from SRT centered on this car. It is definately up scale from the previous Vipers in terms of fit, finish and options. This model is intended to expand Viper's presence in the market and appeal to new customers of a type different from the traditional Viper owner. The typical marketing approach is to intro the model with all the bells and whistles first and then follow up with the standard model. That appears to be what SRT is doing.

(3) The SRT Viper GTS-R is intended to win back the racing world's respect for Viper. Please note that the firms partnering the program are well established USA racing enterprises.

Some of the electronic driver aids are now required by law, but you can turn off the majority of them.

The video by the SRT enginer in charge of engine development clearly indiated that there was LOTS more left in the V10. For example, while not mentioned specifically, DI should be worth 10%. ;)

OP
OP
I

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This info bin therbefor too.

The problem is that many posters completely ignore the standard Viper model, ignore the differences (yet to be completely understood) between the standard Viper model and the Viper GTS model and jump all over the Viper GTS model, apparently not underestanding the announcement. More importantly, while not understanding the intended market for each model. To completely understand the Viper requires waiting until the details are spelled out for the standard Viper model. And equally important, what is meant by all the customization, espically of the interior, promised at the announcement. I suspect that will happen when the pricing is announced.