Important news for 2008 orders

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings!

We wanted to give you a heads up regarding those awesome 2008 Vipers you may have ordered or are considering ordering soon: As mentioned previously, due to very high demand some colors may end earlier so that other colors can get rolling . In this case it looks like Viper GTS Blue is coming quickly to a close and will no longer be available as of June 1. At that time Viper Black Clear Coat will be available for ordering. Bottom line: If you are thinking about a gorgeous Viper GTS Blue for 2008 you had better order it quick - because in just about a week your opportunity will end completely.

A couple other things to note:
  1. Effective immediately the Navigation Radio (RB1) will be available as a factory option. This includes Sirius Satellite Radio and one year of programming. If you already have your 2008 order placed, contact your dealer ASAP so that they can add it to your order. Pricing, of course, has not been announced.
  2. If you were an early order and want your car sooner, you may want to consider the standard interior and standard console bezels. These items will not be available with the first builds and thus if you want that look your car may not be the first ones out of the factory. Those builds have been slightly delayed.
So there you have it! If you want a GTS Blue 2008 you had best get your ducks in a row pronto. Likewise, if you want to have factory navigation you should contact your selling dealer ASAP to get it added. And finally, if you want those new interior colors and/or optional bezel colors you should plan on receiving your car a little later.

Questions? Fire away by PM or in this thread and we will do our best to answer them.

Always a pleasure,

Your VCA National Officers

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2K5SRT --

Thanks again for sharing information about the upcoming 2008 orders. Just some follow up questions:

I was one of the first (if not the first person) to order my 2008 Viper GTS Blue convertible from my dealer on the day orders opened (May 1 I believe). I spec'd the car with the Graphite bezel, the blue/black interior, razor wheels and no stripes. I have a build sheet with a VON number from my dealer reflecting my order on May 1 at 1:51 pm.

First, I put an e-mail into my dealer today letting him know about the availability of the RB-1 and to include it if doing so would not delay my order. Jon B has stated previously on the board that adding this option after the fact should not result in a delay and I trust that is your understanding as well.

Second, because I have ordered both the Graphite bezel and the blue/black two-tone interior, does this mean that I am in danger of losing my exterior color choice of Viper GTS Blue which ends on June 1? Or does it simply mean that my car will be bumped back down the line of cars slated to be painted blue until they start installing the bezels and two-tone interiors? Long story short, given the June 1 end date for Viper GTS blue cars is there a chance that I will not be able to get the car as I have configured it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

/Rich

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich -

You, and everybody else in a similar situation, are just fine. The cars will be built exactly as you specified, just understand that the two-tone interiors and optional bezels have been delayed and thus your car will be delayed as well.

Shouldn't be anything major, but figure that some interiors may not see a build for a month or two later - same with the bezels. I will let you know as I firm up the dates, but plan on getting EXACTLY what you ordered - just later than when the first '08's roll out of the factory. Personally, I would take personalization over expedited orders any day!

Congrats on your new car - it already sounds incredible.

Chris

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris --

Thanks for the reply. Given the potential 1-2 month delay, it sounds like picking the car up from the Connor Ave plant and then arranging for shipment via a transport company like Reliable might be a way to expedite things. (I would rather not drive the car from Michigan to my home in Oregon.)

Do you know who I call about arranging for factory pickup?

/Rich

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich-

My dealer called on Saturday to let me know about the delay. He said 4 to 5 weeks for the actual build. There are supplier difficulties, so who really knows. I stuck with the 2 tone blue also. My experience with my FE Coupe in 06 was that the car was built early and buried in the storage area. A lot of the later FE Coupes actually got their stripes before my car, because of the storage situation at the factory. Since the cars will be stockpiled for a period of time, and released as a group rather than as soon as they come off the line, you may see only a very short delay. That is my hope. My vin is 116. I was told the vins were starting at 100. Good luck!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich-

My dealer called on Saturday to let me know about the delay. He said 4 to 5 weeks for the actual build. There are supplier difficulties, so who really knows. I stuck with the 2 tone blue also. My experience with my FE Coupe in 06 was that the car was built early and buried in the storage area. A lot of the later FE Coupes actually got their stripes before my car, because of the storage situation at the factory. Since the cars will be stockpiled for a period of time, and released as a group rather than as soon as they come off the line, you may see only a very short delay. That is my hope. My vin is 116. I was told the vins were starting at 100. Good luck!

Smog Dog -- great info. You say your vin is 116; do you mean a von number? Thanks.

/Rich

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smog - Check with your dealer again in the morning as they received more updated (and documented) information today. Two-tone interior is likely to be a little longer wait than you heard on Saturday. Likewise with the build - don't expect the car in 4-5 weeks, either from today or from the start up of assembly.

Rich - Assuming they will be doing factory pickup/deliveries for 2008 models (don't know why they wouldn't), you would simply talk with your dealer and Viper Headquarters (JR Thompson) at 800-998-1110 to make the arrangements. JRT will actually take care of the paperwork but your dealer needs to know as well. You still need to pay the destination fee no matter what. Just realize that they may not be able to give you a firm date until a week or two beforehand. No major advance purchase on that airfare! BTW, we did the factory delivery on our first Viper back in 1999. It was incredible!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Vehicle Indentification Number. The 116, for my car, will be the last 3 digits of the serial number, or VIN. Once again this shows how Vipers are not always built in the order of the VIN. Your VIN didn't show on the copy of your factory accepted order, but I'll bet your dealer has it at this point.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Chris! And what I meant was instead of the car being built in the first week of production and stockpiled, it possibly would be built in the 5th or 6th week, meaning late August.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Chris! And what I meant was instead of the car being built in the first week of production and stockpiled, it possibly would be built in the 5th or 6th week, meaning late August.
Correctomundo! More definitive dates posted on this same thread in the VCA Members forum... :2tu:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich-

Smog Dog --

I contacted my dealer today and they had my VON, not my VIN. They said a VIN would not be assigned until shortly before the car was actually built. My VON No. doesn't really match up with the number sequence you mentioned: *****869.

/Rich

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich--

My VON 20029908. My VIN 1B3JZ69Z08V200116. If your dealer was correct about the VIN being assigned shortly before the car was to be built, I would have had an early car, except for the blue/black interior. I'll take the delay and stick with the different interior.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich--

My VON 20029908. My VIN 1B3JZ69Z08V200116. If your dealer was correct about the VIN being assigned shortly before the car was to be built, I would have had an early car, except for the blue/black interior. I'll take the delay and stick with the different interior.

Thanks, and I agree with you and Chris that I would rather stick with the personalized interior even if it means a delay of a few weeks.

/Rich

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red is indeed a stripe color for 2008. The stripe colors are white, silver, graphite, black, and red. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill --

Thanks for the pm; I will check with my dealer on Monday to see if they have that information.

/Rich

cburns

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you guys know what the option code is for the razor wheels? I'm ready to order, the choice is WP7 or WPS. Also, can ya'll describe the difference between the light arc panel bezel and the graphite panel bezel? Thanks

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys know what the option code is for the razor wheels? I'm ready to order, the choice is WP7 or WPS. Also, can ya'll describe the difference between the light arc panel bezel and the graphite panel bezel? Thanks

WPS is the code for the Razor wheels; WP7 are the H-spoke wheels. The only pics that have been posted of the bezel finishes are preliminary press photos:

2008_early_DCX_bezel_options.jpg

Hope that helps

/Rich

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WPS is the code for the Razor wheels; WP7 are the H-spoke wheels. The only pics that have been posted of the bezel finishes are preliminary press photos:

2008_early_DCX_bezel_options.jpg

Hope that helps

/Rich
This is the only option with which I can't get comfortable. I really have no feeling for these colors and textures and whether they're too bling or not. I wish there were better photos available.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the only option with which I can't get comfortable. I really have no feeling for these colors and textures and whether they're too bling or not. I wish there were better photos available.

I feel the same way; I ordered my 08 with the Graphite console more or less as a leap of faith that it would at least look beter than the standard black console. Worse case scenario is that if it looks completely cheesy it can be easily replaced with a stock console or with many of the other aftermarket/dealer-installed consoles out there.

/Rich

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask and Ye shall receive! Here are some big, bold mock ups of the graphite bezels:

Consolegraphite2.jpg

Stackgraphite.jpg

Consolegraphite.jpg

The Light Arc will be the same basic hydrographic design, only in a lighter shade. For those that have seen the console panels of the SRT8 300C, it is very similar to what I am guessing Light Arc will look like - and in my opinion, VERY nice! Hope this helps...

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris --

Really, really appreciate the information regarding the bezels and all of the other 2008-related info you have shared in the past. The console look great to my eye.

/Rich