Important note about your account here at Viperclub.org.....

Reaction score
Please note that we do NOT send out any type of e-mail telling you that your account will be disabled. Sure....some might get one that says it HAS been disabled ( :) )....but nothing like the two e-mails I just got!!

Number one was from [email protected] and the subject line said "Important notify about your e-mail account". IN the body it says:

"Dear user of Viperclub.org,

Your e-mail account will be disabled because of improper
using in next
three days, if you are still wishing to use it, please,
resign your
account information.

Advanced details can be found in attached file.

Attached file protected with the password for security
reasons. Password is 76212.

Cheers,
The Viperclub.org team
http://www.viperclub.org"

THEN.....I get another one from [email protected] that says:

"Dear user of e-mail server "Red-viper-gts.net",

Some of our clients complained about the spam (negative
e-mail content)
outgoing from your e-mail account. Probably, you have been
infected by
a proxy-relay trojan server. In order to keep your computer
safe,
follow the instructions.

Advanced details can be found in attached file.

Attached file protected with the password for security
reasons. Password is 76212.

Kind regards,
The Red-viper-gts.net team
http://www.red-viper-gts.net"

I find it kinda funny when I get e-mails that, realistically, are from me! LOL!!! Both of these had an attachment, and both got deleted ASAP. IMPORTANT NOTE.....the website does NOT...EVER....send out any type of attachment (heck...we barely ever send out any type of mailing).

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The virus writers are getting more and more clever. I really fear this one, as a LOT of people will be clicking on the attachment. Henry got one last night that appeared to have come from his EMPLOYER...

Scary stuff.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are not viruses. Until providers start locking down their mail servers, anyone with a telnet session can send emails that look like they come from anyone else.

If you have access to an unlocked SMTP server, go to a telnet prompt and do what is below. What is in double quotes is what you type. If you have access to your mail server its too easy.

"telnet mail.yourmailserver.com 25"
"helo viperclub.org"
mail.yourmailserver.com says hello
"mail from:[email protected]"
Mail function, OK
"rcpt to: [email protected]"
Mail function, OK
"data"
Start message;
"Tony. You just won a new STR 10 please call 888-888-8888"
Message approved for delivery
"Quit"

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. I didnt know people were doing that. Thats not how I send out spam emails. :) Thats seems like a really (around the bush) way to send spam. I can think of a few better ways.

Windows is a very not secure os. AT ALLL

Devin 97 Blue GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful...I had written a rule in the fire wall not to allow encrypted data in or out with out my authorization, so it stopped it. (Except for my vpn 3des) It seems this little email has an encrypted bad data.

Devin 97 Blue GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful...I had written a rule in the fire wall not to allow encrypted data in or out with out my authorization, so it stopped it. (Except for my vpn 3des) It seems this little email has an encrypted bad data. ;)

GTS234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gotten them that said they were from e-bay, paypal and citibank (never even had an account with citibank). They want you to go to an address that is included in the e-mail. You can usually place your cursor over the address and see the real address in the bottom left of your screen, and it will usually not match the site they say they are sending you to in the message. People need to get a life!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup. Got one "from" Paypal that quickly loaded a page for password capture then to a spoofed paypal page.

Won't be long until people don't trust email (and probably for good reason!)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You know what else is funny about those spam emails?

The grammar is atrocious, like they are written by grade school kids, or someone speaking Engrish as a second language.

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermad - Yeah, I'm getting the same thing from the website that I am an admin for.

It's funny, most of the e-mails come from addresses that do not even exsist on the mail server. :p

----

Dear user of RCTech.net gateway e-mail server,

Our antivirus software has detected a large ammount of viruses outgoing from your email account, you may use our free anti-virus tool to clean up your computer software.

For details see the attach.

For security reasons attached file is password protected. The password is "17358".

Sincerely,
The RCTech.net team http://www.rCTech.net

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi