In Car Video Clips from Nevada Open Road Challenge

Reaction score
189Nev_2006_Z-med.jpg

I summarized my recent trip to the Silver State Event in the Viper Racing Section

Now here's some In Car Video from that week.

The first one is a 0-100-0 clip. I had straighter stops and better launches but this was the only one I captured for the 100 mph event. 0-100-0 Run

The second one is a One Mile Run at 6400 feet. Cars work alot harder at that altitude. I ran 170 which was a tie for 6th place. 1 Mile Run

For those that frequent Crystal Cove, you may recognize this "Haus of Pizza" Ferrari F40. It's a pretty cool car. F40 start at NORC 90 Miles

There's quite a crowd at the 90 Mile Race Start line, so many of us clown around a little. GTS start at NORC 90 Miles
Note the long burn out marks in front of me from a Comp Coupe that stayed into it.

I had adjusted my driver door awhile back to make it close more smoothly (like many of us). This final clip shows what air pressure at speed can do to your window seal.
GTS Window Seal at Speed

If you haven't tried this event yet - you oughta :2tu:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome vidz greg! thanx 4 sharin. i too have a WCV 650R package on my ACR. i will be doin the bonneville 100 next month on highway 93A in northern nevada with www.openroadracing.com i am gonna run in the grand sport 1 class which has a target average speed of 130 mph.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Greg, How fast were you going when your window came out of the seal? Were the rear trunk vents clear?

Thanks for the vids, great stuff!

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Paul: Maybe we'll get you out there next May.

Vic: 185 - that particular stretch of road is a 14 mile straight.

I probably should have removed the vent covers.

By the way,
<font color="blue"> My Memory was the second thing to go....
I can't remember what the first was
</font>

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
You're not crazy and counted correctly.

I have 3:45 rear gears. When I did some trans work I also swapped 5th and 6th gears for .8 and .63 ratios (versus .75 and .50). This makes 6th gear usable and becomes the top speed gear. It makes for a comfortable run for the 90 miles too.

This way I get good scoot at the low end without giving up top speed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4