In dash cd changer

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, all. After having my 05 copperhead for 4 hours now, I must say this car is awesome!! I do have one question (and I did search first) How do you load cd's into the in dash 6 disc? In the owners manual it says something along the lines of "hit the load button and the number of the disc position you want to put the disc in" I tried hitting them at the same time, one after the other, and never got the "load" message. Is the unit defective, or is it operator error? Thanks in advance.

Ron

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya instructions are exactly spot on. You press the load button and it should show something like 1-6 with indication of whawt has a CD in and what doesn't, and then you hit the number and it cycles ( can hear it easily ) and it says LOAD, then you put in the CD. If you hit a button that has a CD in, it should eject it.

OP
OP
S

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, when I first hit the load button, I can see a quick flash of the number 6, but it immediately dissapears. I was hoping it was operator error.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking to replace it or put in an RB1? I got an RB1 and it is a pretty nice unit, and keeps the stock look. Only 2 downfalls - no aux input and need to keep nav DVD in when using GPS, so you'll need a CD changer.

OP
OP
S

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure what I am going to do, deception. Thanks for the offer. I like that it looks stock. Are there any aftermarket units that look stock? I would love one that had usb port for mp3's. Nav would be ok, but not necessary.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do not believe so, because of the shape of our headunit. The only options I have seen were flip ups or having to modify the area to fit a double DIN.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you need another stock radio let me know I have an extra one after doing a custom set up.

OP
OP
S

SRT8&10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What kind of custom setup did you do, cubican? I just want to explore my options at this point, and want something that looks pretty low keyed, but can play mp3s, usb, or sd cards. A nice double din nav unit would be nice, but I am hesitant to cut the dash.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a double den Pioneer Z3, is not a plug and play they had to cut a brace to make it fit. Cel pic
You must be registered for see images attach