In Dash DVD Player Custom Install?

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen a guy or two on here with a custom in dash DVD player... not the type the pop out and flip up. I'm planning on doing the same thing and was wondering - did you have to custom fabricate a new dash console piece? or did you modify the existing one? or what was the process pretty much... Thanks in advance

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking into this also. I found somewhere someone posted pics of what I am planning. Use the existing dash cover, cut the hole bigger for the 2din unit, fiberglass to fill the sides and paint.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the install and I have an extra dash cover with all the work done, just needs to be prep and painted. If anyone needs one pm me , will save you a bunch. pic of final install.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the install and I have an extra dash cover with all the work done, just needs to be prep and painted. If anyone needs one pm it will save you a bunch. pic of final install.

PM sent to Cubican.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Cubican, what do you have going on in the 12v outlet........? Is that an Ipod plug?

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks great...
any modifications behind the dash to allow the double din unit to fit?

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
had mine done as well. be advised, this pic wasn't taken to show the unit, but heck it's in the pic so i might as well show. just like others said, they cut/painted the dash and my guy had to fabricate a bracket to mount the unit to inside the dash.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres the pics of the stereo besel
You must be registered for see images

As you all can see is 90% done it just needs some sanding and filler primer and paint. Most stereos shops will charge you 600.00 for a custom part like this one. The plastic was welded together not bondo or glued so it will last for ever, the part has few scratches as you can see on the pic but some prep work will be perfect.
I will PM back with the price.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen a guy or two on here with a custom in dash DVD player... not the type the pop out and flip up. I'm planning on doing the same thing and was wondering - did you have to custom fabricate a new dash console piece? or did you modify the existing one? or what was the process pretty much... Thanks in advance

Mine is being done right now. I'll show pictures next week.

My system will use:
JVC NT3HD navigation unit
Arc audio mini 4 channel amp under the seat
Alpine PXE-H660 processor
backup camera - BOYO VTK200C
JL component speakers, and possibly a JL sub if it will fit.
They are installing a 2 USB charging port in the center console and running an iPod cable.

Later they are going to do a leather interior- doors, lower dash, center console, back wall seats, and "roll" hoops.

Galpin Auto Sports is doing the work... I told that it better not look like anything on **** My Ride ;)

~Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang