In the final development stages of a new Viper product (all Vipers)....

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats really cool considering everyone os us have been burned gettin in/out.

Thats cool Sean

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K., I'll bite......Where does the heat go? Does it stay in the cats and someday explodes from not releasing heat? Or does it just go out the a$$ end like it is supposed to?

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very neat what he didn't say is he was rushed to the hospital after taking that pic and now has only one hand j/k

Count me in for that I hate burning my legs everytime getting out

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

That-a-way! When will it be available? Have you tested internal cat temps to verify that they aren't overheating internally? Be happy to beta test the insulation on my rig......

Ron

Got Venom;

The heat stays in the exhaust gas and is expelled out the tail pipe.

MichealP;

it's not just for racers..... Though clearly they need it too!

You must be registered for see images

I've also have been working on a solution via a unique plasma applied ceramic process. Still working through some issues, but love Sean's insulation solution too and might just go his way instead....

I wanted to test internal cat temps in order to verify that coating wouldn't cause the internal cat temp to exceed 1650 F at which point converter precious metal begin to migrate and loose efficiency...

Internal temps exceed 1200 F at a constant 3,000 rpm.

Skin temps exceed 800 F with the sill cover off! Imagine insulated skin temp....

But the real test is exhaust gas temps. I have my left side completely ceramic coated (98+ shorty header back to muffler) and the right side OEM (uncoated) to muffler with temperature taps in each side.......

So far unexpected results that require more research....

S

SUN RA KAT

Ok, here it is.
Dave was in the Navy and they used some pretty high end Aerospace insulation. He's putting together an insulation package for the side sills that we hope to keep in the $300 range (for both sides).
This material is good to 3,000 degrees and transfers only .7 Btu/hr. x in./sq. ft. at 1,800 degrees.
We have it installed on the left side of the shop GTS with stock shielding on the right. The left side is ambient temperature after driving, inside and out.

Regards,
Sean
PS, I didn't expect everyone to start with all the guesses, I was just excited about how much cooler the car was inside. :)

<font color="blue">Not quite as cool as a blonde or brunette cup holder, but I sure want a set for my Viper. </font>

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if it is cooler, it will be easier to get our own cups for our cupholder . . .

Sean, keep us posted.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So.. you made a flame retardant bra? That is one HOT cupholder! ;)

Yes, they 'should have' come from the factory this way. Just let us know when they're available!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much would it cost to retro fit my house with that [******]??? My utility bills would be cheeeeap!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang