In the final development stages of a new Viper product (all Vipers)....

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, lots of really good ideas here....
With all these guesses, I can see that it's just "one" of the things they should have taken care of at the factory.
Too funny.
However, there was one reply that hit it....

And it is ..... a flame-throwing exhaust
Let's do it 6" with an extra jet power :2tu:

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It a new exhaust tip for black GTS's. It will be about 8 inches round. It will be mounted in the bumper (new bumber included) and will have gas nozzles that will inject a fine mist of gas at a high rpm's with a modified spark plug (hidden)that will ignite the gas. This will only be available for SC cars. You will now have a jet engine exhaust to go with the jet engine sound of the blower. "A true bat-mobile".

Damn-took me so long to post this that someone already beat me to it.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, flame thrower. That sounds reasonable. For GTS's only?
I guess the GenI and III cars would ignite pedestrians shooting the flamage sideways.

The dead pedal idea is, well, dead. Sean said ALL Vipers. The SRT already has one.

My guess is (Sean's a performance guy) a VEC3!

S

SUN RA KAT

I talked with Dave today and he wouldn't tell even me what the secret thing is. He did say that he would work on getting me a blonde cup holder, but he wanted to do a lot of testing first. I also told him that actually I prefer a dark haired brunette to be the cup holder, and he said he would find me one after he does some testing. This testing is very important since I don't want any of my drinks to be spilled on the fine Viper interior and some cup holders are better than others.

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, its a complete bolt on stealth package that evades all forms of radar and laser speed traps, phones your wife at regular intervals telling her everything is o.k. and that you will be home soon, and than removes any evidence of less than honorable behavior from the vehicle, ejects any un-wanted women that won't get out and than has the flower shop meet you in your garage with flowers for your wife at any time of night. You know like a really souped up "on-star" system. I guess viper guys have to have everything souped up.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping Tommy has it right, 'cept I just need it to call the G/F, not the wife.
;)
Andrew-Lose your stock cats/mufflers, and the A/C is awesome.
:cool:

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was going to say what it was, but you guys kept coming up with all these great ideas.
Every time I think Dave is done, he says he has more cups to test...
Here are some pics of the cup holders he's been testing:
You must be registered for see images

Actually, we learned a few things toward the end of testing and are now working to make the parts do the job better. I'll put up some pics soon.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dang, I don't know why, but the link to the image of the blonde cupholder isn't working? That particular one was right after we did the bumpy road test to see how the cupholder looked after getting wet.
You know, normally, I don't like to add weight to a car, but 115 lbs isn't too bad for a cupholder, is it? It's a little top heavy, but we can fix that with stiffer sway bars.

OK, I'll post a picture today showing what we're really working on.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, I don't know why, but the link to the image of the blonde cupholder isn't working? That particular one was right after we did the bumpy road test to see how the cupholder looked after getting wet.
You know, normally, I don't like to add weight to a car, but 115 lbs isn't too bad for a cupholder, is it? It's a little top heavy, but we can fix that with stiffer sway bars.

Sean, I'd like to pre-order two of those cupholders - don't worry about the stiffer sway bar though, I already have that! LOL!

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, here it is.
Dave was in the Navy and they used some pretty high end Aerospace insulation. He's putting together an insulation package for the side sills that we hope to keep in the $300 range (for both sides).
This material is good to 3,000 degrees and transfers only .7 Btu/hr. x in./sq. ft. at 1,800 degrees.
We have it installed on the left side of the shop GTS with stock shielding on the right. The left side is ambient temperature after driving, inside and out.

You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Sean
PS, I didn't expect everyone to start with all the guesses, I was just excited about how much cooler the car was inside. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang