In the market for a Viper..need some help from the community!

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

Fantastic site here and I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a viper. I am looking at the GTS (year not important necessarily). I am MAX going to spend 50k and am looking to get the best bang for my buck as I would like to not necessarily have to take a big hit if I need to sell. My philosophy with my ex was "viper before diaper" and she wanted the diaper...so here I am. Preferably I would like to find a viper with low miles (15k or less) and almost flawless paint. A muscle car sounding exhaust/headers combo would be nice. I see some great cars in the classifieds but am just putting it out there that I would like to be in the market soon. Any ways you can point me in the right direction would be appreciated! I will be buying within a month. Thanks! Basically I am looking for what appears to be a great car and a good deal. Some people can do without the deals because of financial situations or because of specifics (color/miles, etc) but I am not bound by those parameters!

QUestion 1: I see the 2001 Hendricks edition viper listed at 49,500. It looks to have good upgrades and pretty low miles, yet it is listed lower than many of their other cars offered..how come?

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

Fantastic site here and I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a viper. I am looking at the GTS (year not important necessarily). I am MAX going to spend 50k and am looking to get the best bang for my buck as I would like to not necessarily have to take a big hit if I need to sell. My philosophy with my ex was "viper before diaper" and she wanted the diaper...so here I am. Preferably I would like to find a viper with low miles (15k or less) and almost flawless paint. A muscle car sounding exhaust/headers combo would be nice. I see some great cars in the classifieds but am just putting it out there that I would like to be in the market soon. Any ways you can point me in the right direction would be appreciated! I will be buying within a month. Thanks! Basically I am looking for what appears to be a great car and a good deal. Some people can do without the deals because of financial situations or because of specifics (color/miles, etc) but I am not bound by those parameters!

Just want to say, good luck, take your time.If it doesn't feel right, than it probably isn't.I've been on this site a short time, but have learned a lot. TOM.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Bernie at BJMotors or visit his website. If he doesn't have what you are looking for he can probably find it. :2tu:

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say abut the Hendricks edition is that they have had that car for a very long time. I was looking at it a coupe of months ago. But im not a fan of the tan with red (if its the same one) GOOD LUCK!!! You'll love it when you get!

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for all of the responses. A question about the dealerships. Since I would be buying the car outright, wouldn't it be better to buy from someone private sale than to be buying from a dealership from a price standpoint? I have seen a lot of responses saying to look into bjmotors...how come?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys here rock. Take their advice. This is a pretty tight knit community....kinda like a family. If you buy from a VCA member chances are you'll get a really nice car with no stories. Besides BJ Motors check out DodgeVipersForSale.com. that's where I got mine.

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. Does BJ motors negociate pricing at all? Their prices are a little out of my range. I checked out woodhouse dodge website and saw nothing but new inventory. Do they sell GTS?

V

Venomiss

Thanks for the replies everyone. Does BJ motors negociate pricing at all? Their prices are a little out of my range. I checked out woodhouse dodge website and saw nothing but new inventory. Do they sell GTS?

Yes, call Bill Pemberton.
They have one of the largest Viper pits in the country and sell new and used Vipers.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, we negotiate! All of the dealers mentioned are quality dealers and if you see the Viper in their inventory call and talk with them, if I don't have something I will be happy to help find you a car If you are trying to buy a 96 GTS with 5K miles for 40K and buying on KBB or NADA or Edmunds these cars are not represented with the correct values.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4