Incandescent-free for one day so far...

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I finally got around to finishing my replacement of all bulbs (except dash lights) with LEDs (because I'm so Euro-trashy...). I did run into some fitment issues with a few of the bulbs, most notably the dome lights and front side markers, so I thought I'd post what I used here in case anyone else wants to do this. Total cost for all the bulbs was $300. The downside is the expense, but the payoff is they look better (in my opinion), light faster (brake and turn), and I'll never need to replace them. Worth it? Probably not, but if you're as picky as I am, maybe so.

Here's what I used.

Rear turn:

2 AMBER SMT 27 LED PARKING/TURN/BLINKER BULBS 3157 3156 | V-LEDS.COM

Front turn/driving:

TYPE 1 DUAL COLOR CHANGING HID WHITE/AMBER 60 M-SMT TURN SIGNAL BULBS 3157 3157NA 3057 3155 3357 3457 4157 | V-LEDS.COM

Front side marker: The bulbs I originally purchased turned out to be too long to fit behind the lens--they must be less than 25mm long.

2 SUPER AMBER 6 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 s | V-LEDS.COM

Brake/tail: 6 total are needed.

2 RED SMT 27 LED BRAKE/TURN/TAILLIGHT BULBS 3157 3156 | V-LEDS.COM

Backup:

2 HID WHITE SMT 27 LED PARKING LIGHT BULBS 3157 3156 | V-LEDS.COM

License plate:

2 HID WHITE SMT 5 LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 2821 | V-LEDS.COM

Trunk light: You only need 1, but they are sold in pairs.

HID WHITE 4 LED M-SMT HIGH POWER FLANK BULBS 194 168 158 2825 | V-LEDS.COM

Dome lights: Had some problems here, too, as the hole in the dome light housing the bulbs have to fit through is pretty narrow (~10 mm). These fit easily, and are pretty bright to boot (40 lumens each). To get the housing out of the car, push up and turn.

2 SMT HIGH POWER HID WHITE LED LIGHT BULBS 194 168 158 | V-LEDS.COM

Additionally, if you do this you will need an electronic flasher. You can pick one up at your local auto parts store for around $15, part number EP-27 (5 pin). It goes in the fuse box under the driver's side dash. Pull out the yellow flasher and plug the new one in. This will correct any hyper-flashing problems.

Note that the above fit a GTS--not sure about the dome/trunk lights in an RT/10, or any of the bulbs on the SRT10...

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool :2tu:
I've been thinking of doing this as well but the cost it just too much for the payoff,
so I've been doing it slowly, just a couple at a time.

I actually did all the dash lights with red to get rid of the stock yellow
do a search, I posted pics

I used incandescent xenon bulbs for the dome lights because no matter what LEDs you use you cannot match the output of the inc. bulbs and it is still white and brighter than stock.

I really like the front signal/running light idea. I hate the orange next to my HIDs.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you get these replacement bulbs at autozone, or pep boys? That is something that always bugged me about the viper- the dome lights. You don't remember the numbers do you?
Thanks

Cool :2tu:
I've been thinking of doing this as well but the cost it just too much for the payoff,
so I've been doing it slowly, just a couple at a time.

I actually did all the dash lights with red to get rid of the stock yellow
do a search, I posted pics

I used incandescent xenon bulbs for the dome lights because no matter what LEDs you use you cannot match the output of the inc. bulbs and it is still white and brighter than stock.

I really like the front signal/running light idea. I hate the orange next to my HIDs.

OP
OP
V

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottlefed, those dash lights look great. Did you replace them all with 194/168 LEDs? The owner's manual says the dash takes 194, 161, and 103 bulbs, but I've found some online fitment guides that say all three-digit wedge-base bulbs are interchangeable, limited only by the size of the housing and whether the bulb body itself will fit (i.e. the base is the same). Do you know if this is the case?

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you get these replacement bulbs at autozone, or pep boys? That is something that always bugged me about the viper- the dome lights. You don't remember the numbers do you?
Thanks
yes, any of those blue 194 bulbs
I think mine were made by "blazer"

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottlefed, those dash lights look great. Did you replace them all with 194/168 LEDs? The owner's manual says the dash takes 194, 161, and 103 bulbs, but I've found some online fitment guides that say all three-digit wedge-base bulbs are interchangeable, limited only by the size of the housing and whether the bulb body itself will fit (i.e. the base is the same). Do you know if this is the case?
The big gauges (speedo and tach) are 194s
The smaller gauges are 74s
some of the other interior lights were a bit more tricky

I just used the biggest LEDs I could fit in there
I would post the company I got them from but the last time I did that the mods deleted it and warned me not to post any links unless they are for our beloved "sponsors"
so read this fast before its gone :rolleyes:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, if you're that worried about weight, remove all the bulbs in your car
I bet there's about a half-pound of lights in the car
:rolaugh:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gained 6 RWHP when I changed to LEDs. Car seemed to handle better too...:D:rolaugh::D