Inlet Tube on Paxton

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hope someone has had this problem and can offer some advice. The inlet tube going to the blower(Paxton) is collapsing under boost. :crazy: I am having one fabricated but not sure how good it is going to look. :confused: Was wondering if any of the speed shops or mechanics have run into this problem and have one pre-made? Thanks in advace. :2tu: Matt :headbang:

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, it is the tube going directly to the blower. The one Paxton supplies is made of very cheap thin rubber that any good woman could **** closed. :D Just kidding ladies. :p I hope this helps. I do not have the measurements of it but it is a short elbow type peice with a hard bend in it. Let me know if there are any suggestions out there. :cool: Matt :headbang:

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thought about that or using some metal support but to dangerous if gets sucked in blower would be disaster. I know I could anchor it with screws and silicone but that would be down right ugly. Matt :headbang:

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could you put a couple of hose clamps on to reinforce it.

My intake tubes (before I changed them with the s/c setup) would tend to collapse. I put 2 hose clamps in the middle and they did not collapse. For the hose to collapse it has to get wider. The clamps prevented this resulting in no collapsing.

Im not sure it would work on the PAX setup, with the curves and all, but it may give you an idea.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd use metal tubing and leave the hose for connections at the ends of the tubing..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS