Installed New Door Hinges......

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I finally had some free time to install my new door hinges today. I ordered them about a month ago from Chuck Tator and they have been sitting on my work bench since then. After numerous tries of adjusting the old ones I figured they were just shot and I just broke down and ordered new ones.

Well the removal and install were a breeze, now the final adjustments to get the doors to open and close is another story. I guess it took me about 1.5 hours on the first one and about 30 mins on the second one. And I think that was just luck. With there being only one hinge per door it makes it a pain for sure. But they are on and doors work like a champ now. Sorry I waited so long to do it. Now it's time for the new motor mounts and tranny mount/new crossmember. And a short throw shifter while I am in there.:D

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw.. I work at the manufacturer of those hinges, if anyone needs a set, let me know.. and I'll see how I can help to save costs.. you can see them on the corp site www.multimatic.com , look under Hinge Systems category at the top, as you can see it in an image, just select next image about 10 times or so... Definitely put some grease on the metal tab that provides the door checker function (keeps you door open), otherwise, if the metal tabs catch eachother and don't slip, it could break the tab and the door won't stay open..
Mike

Last edited:

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got the dreaded task of having to adjust my driver's side door. Not looking forward to it. From what you said, I'd almost rather do the mounts all over again.

If you need anything in regard to the mounts, PM me. They can be a pain and if you have stock headers the driver's side is going to be a PAIN.

:usa:

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not looking forward to it. From what you said, I'd almost rather do the mounts all over again.

Thats funny that you say that, when I was trying to get it all adjusted right I was saying that I rather do another ROE install over this. The ROE was easier and less stressfull. It took longer but it was straight forward. (ROE is on my buddys car not mine)

As far as just readjusting and not doing a whole removal/replacement you will be fine. Thats pretty simple really. Mine were just totally shot and I needed new ones.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a pain in the butt. I tried someone's recommendation of placing a towel in the doorway and gently closing it then adjusting the hinge. That didn't work because the door sagged too much and hit bottom. I used a jack under the door and raised it till the door was about 1/2 inch higher than it should be- then tightened the hinge. It took a few try's but I think that's the easiest method if you are by yourself.

Ive got the dreaded task of having to adjust my driver's side door. Not looking forward to it. From what you said, I'd almost rather do the mounts all over again.

If you need anything in regard to the mounts, PM me. They can be a pain and if you have stock headers the driver's side is going to be a PAIN.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used a jack under the door and raised it till the door was about 1/2 inch higher than it should be- then tightened the hinge. It took a few try's but I think that's the easiest method if you are by yourself.

Thats exactly what I ended up doing. Definitly not an easy task by yourself.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw.. I work at the manufacturer of those hinges, if anyone needs a set, let me know.. and I'll see how I can help to save costs.. you can see them on the corp site www.multimatic.com , look under Hinge Systems category at the top, as you can see it in an image, just select next image about 10 times or so... Definitely put some grease on the metal tab that provides the door checker function (keeps you door open), otherwise, if the metal tabs catch eachother and don't slip, it could break the tab and the door won't stay open..
Mike

about how much could you get a set of hinges for?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that Tator sells the hinges on a regular basis and he would have the pricing plus VCA discount. :2tu: 914-763-3136