Installing Aero Pkg.

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car goes to body shop Sat. to start installing factory aero pkg. Thanks to Jon at PartsRack I saved thousands and the parts were at my door in just a few days. Infact the parts got here before I had a chance to tell my wife I ordered them. Yea I'm in trouble. Pics in about a week.

OP
OP
J

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the full ACR aero with the dive plates???
Not ACR, just aero coupe pkg. Factory splitter and wing with all mounting hardware. He also has the ACR pkg for slightly more $$.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure if a clear answer has been published yet, but will you have to replace the shocks to accomodate the additional downforce?

Bruce

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure if a clear answer has been published yet, but will you have to replace the shocks to accomodate the additional downforce?

Bruce

I believe you are fine with the Aero package, but if you add the ACR aero with larger rear wing and dive planes then you need to replace your shocks. I drove my 08 SSG with the ACR aero just to see how it felt on stock suspension before installing the Motons. As speeds increased the back suspension of the car compressed. I would say any speed above 60 mph the stock suspension felt overloaded.

OP
OP
J

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you are fine with the Aero package, but if you add the ACR aero with larger rear wing and dive planes then you need to replace your shocks. I drove my 08 SSG with the ACR aero just to see how it felt on stock suspension before installing the Motons. As speeds increased the back suspension of the car compressed. I would say any speed above 60 mph the stock suspension felt overloaded.
Thats why I went with the Aero pkg and not the ACR, I didn't want to change the suspension.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I hope thats a good thing.

My car is there... if you have time then see how the progress is going... green vert with graphite stripes....if you have even more time then take some pics and post em here.. thanks...

OP
OP
J

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is there... if you have time then see how the progress is going... green vert with graphite stripes....if you have even more time then take some pics and post em here.. thanks...
I'll see what I can do, I need to get the car there on Sat. I'm trying to get a trailer bought today so I don't have to drive it 178 miles to the shop.

OP
OP
J

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of aero pkg completed. Parts by PartsRack and install by 5D in Champaign, Il.

Attachments

• 105_4449.jpg
    105_4449.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 105_4439.jpg
    105_4439.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 105_4438.jpg
    105_4438.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 105_4453.jpg
    105_4453.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 167

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimchris: did they adjust the front splitter to the standard factory setting?? I am referring to the adjustment cables that affix to the splitter.......

OP
OP
J

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimchris: did they adjust the front splitter to the standard factory setting?? I am referring to the adjustment cables that affix to the splitter.......
I'm not sure, how would I check? This shop has done a lot of Aero's and ACR's so I think it should be correct.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the look. Congrats.

One comments I do have is the wing looks like it is not adjusted properly. In fact it looks like it is angled up which will create lift. You sure it is mounted correctly and adjusted, if there is adjustability? It almost looks backwards. Maybe it just the pics and my eyes.

Here's a few pics of aero pkg completed. Parts by PartsRack and install by 5D in Champaign, Il.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like yours needs to be angled a bit lower as compared to this one.

[media]http://www.bjmotors.biz/images/inventory/2009ViperSRT10GraphiteAero_0374/large_01.jpg[/media]

OP
OP
J

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like yours needs to be angled a bit lower as compared to this one.

[media]http://www.bjmotors.biz/images/inventory/2009ViperSRT10GraphiteAero_0374/large_01.jpg[/media]
I think my angle is the same as this one. If you look at the end plates they seem to be at the same angle. According to the dealer, body shop and mounting kit instructions this is the neutral position. If anyone has an aero coupe please let me know what hole your wing is in.

Last edited:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your SRT looks fantastic jimchris ! :cool:

just wondering was is the rear and over the shoulder visibility like ?
i wouldnt mind going the same route but being on the wrong side of the road here, i need a good over the shoulder view for pulling out at angled junctions and overtaking

OP
OP
J

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your SRT looks fantastic jimchris ! :cool:

just wondering was is the rear and over the shoulder visibility like ?
i wouldnt mind going the same route but being on the wrong side of the road here, i need a good over the shoulder view for pulling out at angled junctions and overtaking
This does not affect the view. Looking out the rear view mirror you look between the wing and trunk and you don't see it in the side mirrors and over the shoulder you will see the end plates but it doesn't block much of the view.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great!! The paint and stripes look very good. ( I've got an ACR kit coming and can't wait to get it done).

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you need to change the trunk struts for uprated versions to take the extra weight of the wing ?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

No I didn't but I wish I had. I ordered a set from a dealer friend. The next day I saw that JonB had a new/used set. His price was almost 20% below employee pricing. I tried to cancel my order but Prefix processed and shipped immediately. I'm sure Jon made you a great deal.

Your viper really looks great with the Aero! Take care Mike

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the wing uprights from the ACR? The standard uprights are solid and shorter. I have the factory aero package on my '09 vert. and it is in the middle of my field of view in the rearview mirror.

OP
OP
J

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the wing uprights from the ACR? The standard uprights are solid and shorter. I have the factory aero package on my '09 vert. and it is in the middle of my field of view in the rearview mirror.
Uprights are shorter on verts. The aero and ARC upright are the same I think but the wing on the ACR is a lot different.