Insurance for motorcross events

JRB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I cannot find an insurance policy that will cover me while on tract driving. Geico, Nationwide, Haggerty, Progressive all say no. Anybody got the answer? Thanks.

Jim

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JRB -
I cannot find an insurance policy that will cover me while on tract driving. Geico, Nationwide, Haggerty, Progressive all say no. Anybody got the answer? Thanks.

Jim

The track opportunities that I attend are for driver "educational" purposes. No published lap times or finishing places makes them non-competitive. I could not find anything within my auto insurance policy denying coverage for attending events that are clearly advertised as educational in purpose and practice.

With this said, these events are at real speeds, with real risks and real thrills. Everyone involved in these events will always tell you to check with your insurance company regarding coverage and inquiries. I have only heard "no" from those that have made inquiries to insurance companies. Some have said that you will not be insured(able) after asking this question. If I make a claim as a result of a track event, I would do so honestly (full disclosure) and with every expectation of being covered, and then being dropped. And then being black-listed by every other insurance company . . .

Sort of scary, but the fun is worth it.

There is other exotic/classic insurance that has high deductible and will cover track events ($2000-3000/year). If I find it again, I will post it.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some auto insurance policies explicitly exclude coverage on a track, without regard for the activity, educational or not.

I use Pacific for track insurance. See the following thread for some details and contact information:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genvipdis&Number=538965&Forum=All_Forums&Words=insurance&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=200&Old=allposts&Main=538824&Search=true#Post538965

Here is a company: Pacific Insurance Corporation
Hon Belinkie - Rockville, MD
Email: [email protected]
I believe that agent only provides actual door-to-door racing insurance, which is a bit more expensive than "driver's ed" insurance. It's good to know both are available.