wife - 0 points and no citations - which she just stuck in my face :rolleyes:
son - 16 year old - been driving for 3 months - 0 points - no accidents

03 viper - drive less then 5k / year
01 cad deville - wife's car
99 dodge durango - my ram rod - every dayer
04 vw gli jetta - brand new - sons car

all cars are fully paid for.

does anyone know of a better company or should i say a fairer company that
i can call to get better rate's and coverage.

in 25 years i have never had a claim!

please email me if you do [email protected]

thanks, tom

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only advice would be statefarm. Out of nationwide, allstate, Geico. They are by far the best deal I have ever had and have never had a claim or a point on my license.

Good luck. :eek:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm paying about $1,100 a year for my 2005 Viper with USAA. I get discounts for driving less than 5000 miles a year and also a discount for the Viper's good crash rating.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm paying about $1,100 a year for my 2005 Viper with USAA. I get discounts for driving less than 5000 miles a year and also a discount for the Viper's good crash rating.

If I ever smarten up, I would go from 96/mo.(statefarm) to 76/mo(USAA). USAA just plain rocks. They still only taking current and prior service military and their spouses and kids?

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

do you have a number i can call?

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

do you have a number i can call?

The following folks are eligible for insurance with USAA:

1 - Active duty military officers and enlisted personnel.
2 - National Guard and Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
3 - Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS and OTS).
4 - Former spouses of USAA members.
5 - Adult children of USAA members.

I'm eligible thru #4 and #5. If you are eligible go to www.usaa.com

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pay $2187 per year for my Viper... for twenty days of track insurance, that is. :D

Just under a grand per year for off-track stuff through Nationwide.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try calling Merastar-Prudential @800-637-2782. I pay 1,100 every six months for full coverage on an 04 SRT-10, 69 Camaro, 98 WS6 Trans Am and liability on a 95 Ford ******.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am paying $1050 for the '05 SRT through State Farm. Also have the wife and teenage son on the policies with three cars total.

Looking over your stuff, I would be willing to bet that your highest premium is NOT the Viper, but is the Jetta with your son - assuming he is listed as the primary driver. Teenage males are absurdly expensive to insure and import cars are always higher. The newer, the worse. My 17 year old drives a '96 Nissan and I think his insurance is around $1600 a year. It would be more if the car was newer and he was a year younger like your son.

Besides doing a little shopping for a policy, here is my very non-expert advice:

* By rule your son has to be listed as the primary driver on one of the cars if you have the same (or greater) number of cars vs. licensed drivers in your household. Make sure your son is listed as the primary driver on only one car - and probably the cheapest. My agent even suggested buying an older ****** car to list my son as the primary driver.

* It sounds like it would be a step down for your son, but consider looking at a US-manufactured vehicle vs. import. Before Craig screams about unfair trade ( ;) ), the reason is largely because the cost to repair is generally lower. One of the least expensive vehicles to insure on a teenage male is a Jeep Cherokee. No idea why, but that was what we were told.

* If your moving violations are a factor with the Viper, have your wife listed as the primary driver. I don't think it matters who is driving if the car (God forbid) is in an accident, as long as they are insured in your household. "Primary" doesn't mean "only".

* Sit down with your agent and get their advice. Most are pretty decent about doing what they can to help. After all, they would rather take a hit on the premiums than lose you altogether to another company. Their commission on nothing is - nothing.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

PS. My wife is a former Army Reservist. I am guessing she/we wouldn't qualify for USAA. Too bad.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of the least expensive vehicles to insure on a teenage male is a Jeep Cherokee. No idea why, but that was what we were told.

Cause the insurance companies know it's a vehicle a teenage male won't want to be seen in.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Auto club has been good to me, but don't know if they operate in your area. About $1000 / year.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pay $2187 per year for my Viper... for twenty days of track insurance, that is. :D

Just under a grand per year for off-track stuff through Nationwide.

So you can buy track insurance for your Viper?? What does it cover and what is the deductible?
I have never heard of it being offered in Canada but maybe it is available - would sure make a day at the track more enjoyable!

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is under 2000 year full coverage 500 deductable unlimited miles/yr and i have a couple oopszz

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
for some reason, my insurance rate is extreme low, speically with my young age, $1510 per year on the viper with full coverage and $1k deductable...unlimited miles/year, and with STATE FARM, has 3 cars also(00 focus, and 01 Trans Am), so the multi car discount was applied....

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Progressive. I previously had State Farm, I had three cars on the policy.

I was able to add the Viper (4 cars total) for the same money State Farm was charging me for three (Viper not included).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte