Intake manifold

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Help - my searches have been unsuccessful. I'm trying to find the vendor who sells the "shiny" intake manifold. I say shiny because I can't remember if it's plated aluminum or all stainless.

Help if you can - thanks

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this what you are looking for:

http://randjdistributing.com/

Not to chime in on your post but I was thinking about manifolds the other day and chrome replacements. I was told that they are not good because the chrome manifolds retain a lot more heat then the stock manifolds. Is this true .....is it worth the replacement?

Patrick

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might suggest just taking your stock manifol off and have it polished. That will most likely be less expensive and you won't have the heat issues mentioned in previous post.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure who's motor...Viper D's or Big carrot
3406polished_engine-med.jpg

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of mine. I actually sold my stock on to R&J, so there is a chance the one he has came off of my car! Looks almost just like D's! Oh, and I threw in Cody@ART's head for good measure! :D

3406my_engine.jpg

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had it polished and power coated. Not cleared. I wanted to keep the temps down. Its really not much to keep up with

I also had the valve covers done. Thats a pain in the az.

vd..

RedVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Chrome is the only way to go for street use! Why waste time polishing the dang thing all the time? If your going to take it to the drag strip alot then I would say maybe have it polished. I don't have any heat issues with mine and its chrome but I could see where the chrome could possibly cause heat issues if drag raced alot at one time. R&J chromed mine!! Pictures will be up soon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang