Intake whistle with smooth tubes...

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave Jenkins told me it would do this when he installed them for me. I don't mind it but I was curious why it does this.

Loving my GTS more and more each day, probably because I can rev it higher with more mileage. What a rush!
biggrin.gif

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can hear more air pass through the filetrs now, that is y. I love that sound, especially if you're infront of the person with the "hiss".

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I read this post. My car started to whistle, especially in second and third gear since putting on the smooth tubes. I never made the association.
Thanks for the info.

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No joke. I have the same exhaust setup you do, and I don't hear the "ticking" or "whistling" now.

Steve

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont hear it?

I have a borla with no cats and I hear it clearly!!! You may want to check the instalation of the smooth tubes, if they are not tight the hiss is almost not noticible. And you also want the same size hose as the throtle body and box, if it is bigger the hiss is almost silent.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SloCal is confusing loss of hearing with old age with the effects of his exhaust system. The whistle is still audible even on a big-cammed Gen II with Hennessey headers, Borla exhaust and no cats.