Interior gas smell

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I would get opinions from some of the experts on this forum before I call my dealer. I can smell gas inside my 94 RT. It isn't a strong smell but enough to bother me. There are no leaks on the floor either. I was told when I bought the car that if you overfill the tank, some gas will leak out but I never overfill it. Even with the heater on or off I can still smell it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETS my 94 had the same problem,solved by replacing the filler neck to tank seal,PITA project.

Skeeter

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx man. Where would I get one besides the dealer($$$)? PITA project? What is that? Anyways, thanx a ton this has been driving me crazy! :D :D

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge only part.PITA= pain in the A<>?+_)(. To get to the seal have to remove inner fender right side,then take fill out replace seal and reassemble.

Skeeter

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can always count on you snakbit for the technical advise that I need! LOL I have to fix it, I get headaches when I take long road trips.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am confused as to how the smell is even getting in the car? I know what you will say snakbit, my pants aren't airtight, but it's not like the filler tube is in the cockpit.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am confused as to how the smell is even getting in the car? I know what you will say snakbit, my pants aren't airtight

LOL LOL neither are the panels on yer car, it gets in the pass. compartment through the mating surfaces of the panels. If ya think about it, the filler is prolly only 3 feet from yer head....

btw,,, airtight pants wouldn't hurt....... :D :headbang: :D :headbang: