International Route 66 Mother Road Festival

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 5th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival will be held in Historic Downtown Springfield, IL. on September 22,23 & 24, 2006. Participants have come from more than 30 states as well as the U.K., Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy and Switzerland. All Vipers are most welcome and needed. Details at www.route66fest.com ,hope to see y'all there.
CB

OP
OP
C

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
700 cars have preregistered so far this year. They've never topped 400 preregistrations before. Hope to see some of you with your Vipers next week end.
CB

OP
OP
C

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The International Route 66 Mother Road Festival this past weekend was a great success inspite of the weather not co-operating. 500 cars in the parade Friday Night and 980 cars participated on Saturday & Sunday. Because of the threatening weather some locals were a no show otherwise we would have easily had over 1000 cars. It was still bigger and better than last year and continually growing each year. The new Charger and Magnum contingent grows each year and this year there were 7 Chargers and 8 Magnums from 4 states parked in a row on Adams St. Most black and all Hemis. Quite and impressive sight. The owners are members of a forum and the RT 66 Fest is their favorite car show. They intend to recruit more and promise to be back next year with a larger contingent. There questions are "where are the Vipers" ? "Why are you the only one here" ?
John Bisanz [big-n-italian] did make it, though his Viper's in the shop, and I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to him. Hope to again soon.
If interested there are pics at www.sj-r.com
CB

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was a pleasure meeting you too charlie!

hope to be cruising with you very soon! :2tu:

you mentioned the lack of vipers. there was a lack of MOPARS!

OP
OP
C

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
John,
You're right there can never be enough Mopars. There were more last year and 2 weeks ago at the Mid-West Charity Cruise. I'm sure the threatening weather kept them away.
Thanks for pointing out the pic in the gallery. I missed it and don't remember the kid looking under it. Those are my alligator boots too.
CB