INTRODUCTORY PRICE ON K&N INTAKE SYSTEM, $279.00

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you all know the benifits of the K&N intake system on the SRT, I will be offering this setup for the very low price of $279.00 plus actual shipping cost. If you plan to do exhaust upgrades on the SRT, this system becomes even more valuable.

I find this to be one of the first mods to do for the car.

There are so many mods for the SRT out there, and they must pass my approval, based on function, practicality, value, and degree of tradeoff in drivability.

The K&N setup passes my approval. I do find the cost of these setups rather high, but the function of them, well makes up for it.

Let it be know, if I recommend a product, considering the desires of the owner, it will be a worthy investment.

These systems are available for delivery.

Don't think the discounts on upgrades ends here. Many more to come.

Visit us at www.provipermods.com or give me a call at 817-625-6910

The website in incomplete but proggressing daily.

email address is [email protected]

Skip White

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. You advertise the VERY LOW price of 279.00 and also find the cost of the setup rather high?

Are you really John Kerry?

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I do find the simple plastic Y-pipe and two filters high, given the low cost of materials involved, technology, etc. A complete Luk clutch pressure plate and disc, was going for $175.00 for the Viper not to long ago. Seems like the making of that would be 50 times more complex to make, not to mention the materials involved. My price has a very low mark-up, it's the manufactor, thats high on this, leaving very little room for proffit.

I know it's a low production item, and serves a very good fuction, and those are factors, just seems high.

Skip White

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Skip, I like what you're doing with your new business. You are going to make a lot of people happy. Where did you see that clutch package?

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was on E-bay for the longest time. I don't really advocate it's use for the sportsman, as it's a direct oem replacement. Ok for mild to normal use, as a matter of fact, this is the whats in the car new, as i've heard. I think the price has went up to $225.00 this kit even comes with a throw-out bearing.

Thanks for the complement about making people happy, thats what it's all about.

Skip White

ps, mild to normal use with these clutches

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Skip,

I look fwd to any parts etc you will offer for the GTS crowd! Thanks for doing it right and all the best in the future.

Robert

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if K&N's in oil or pharmacutical drug business, same principals. They have what we need, so we pay.

Skip White

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert, I will not forget the GTS crowd. Actually I have a lot of experiance with them, much trial and error also. I will offer a good line of approved products, my approval that is.

Skip White

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same old story! They have what you want! If you want it you'll pay for it! K&N is the bad guys here. Big Profit on the K&N system.$279 is outrageous! But I bought one! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :usa:

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if K&N's in oil or pharmacutical drug business, same principals. They have what we need, so we pay.

Skip White

Yeah,

But Pharmacutical companies average 15-20 years of research/development on a new drug from inception to FDA approval. I don't think K&N invested that kind of time/money to develop cloth filters/plastic tubes.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to place a little prospective here.
I spent over 4 hours on the K&N Dyno to get a baseline for them to use, and prototype several possible intakes and filters. Then another few Dyno hours later to see which of the prototypes worked the best. Then ANOTHER few hours to test out the preproduction prototype, then ANOTHER FEW HOURS to put on the final production piece, and retest on the dyno.
This was just me. Leonard Knight has also been there several times, to confirm the results on a second SRT to see if it was consistant. They then heard about some whistling noise, and Andy Weiss took his SRT there to have the system with the new larger apperatures tested. Again the system was put on their dyno, with positive results.
K&N also supports many Viper friendly events, such as drag racing and the Silver State Challenge.
The molds for those plastic toolings are very expensive, and require a large up front investment for something with a small market.
This is great support for the Viper community, and I hope they make lots of money so they will continue the support.
To me 15 HP gains for under $300 is a good deal.
Skip. Thanks for bringing these products to us at great prices.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for a dumb question. I put the K&N filters as replacements for the stock filters. For 279 bucks does the plastic piece/intake offered by K&N with their filters add much more?

OP
OP
S

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the dyno sharts, yes it doe's. There are several good threads on this subject. But the filter replacement alone is certainly better than nothing.

Skip White

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doctorbob.
The plastic intake is for the SRT-10. It mounts behind the filters, and in front of the throttle body. It is kind of equilivant to the smooth tubes used in GTS's.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks...maybe I will have to buy one if availible at VIO8.

Bob, your avatar shows a Gen2 GTS. You know this K&N unit is for 2003 and up Vipers, right?

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just bought one of these from skip last week, got the parts in two days and even didn't have to pre-pay for it.GREAT service hard to find these days. This was my first mod and first time dealing with any body from the board.

:2tu:

Robert