Invading the Corvettes Against ****** Cancer event again!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This coming weekend is the annual Corvettes Against ****** Cancer event at Atlanta Motor Speedway! We have once again been invited to join them. For those who have not attended before, you pay a $15 registration fee ($20 day of event) and then can buy sets of 5 laps around AMS for $25/set. There will be a pacecar for the laps, but in past years, we have hit speeds anywhere from 120-150mph on the track! [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]Donations will support local ****** Cancer Support Organizations and Speedway Children’s Charities![FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is a good way to get your speed fix in a legal way and help support two great causes!

You can register online at: http://csafoundation.info/event-registration/
Additional info about the event can be found at: http://csafoundation.com/

To sweeten the deal, the GA-VCA will pay for all members 1st set of 5 laps (you will be reimbursed at the racetrack)!! Additional sets can be purchased if 5 isn't enough for you. In years past, almost everyone decided to go out for at least 1 more set of laps. Must be something about passing Corvettes at 130+mph and knowing there's no cops in your rearview mirror!

We will meet at the Waffle House across from AMS at 4:45pm on Saturday and head over to the track at 5:15pm. The Waffle House address is:

[/FONT]1064 Bear Creek Boulevard, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Hampto[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]n, GA[/FONT] (770) 707-1109
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
If you have any questions, please let me know!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell yea!! I went last year with the Viper and my parents brought the Vette. I was asked to give cancer survivors rides and did not have to pay anything. Think I took 6 people 5 laps each. Had a blast! I think there were only 3 other vipers there and about 500 vettes... ha Lot's of fun and junk man was there doing what he does best!

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell yea!! I went last year with the Viper and my parents brought the Vette. I was asked to give cancer survivors rides and did not have to pay anything. Think I took 6 people 5 laps each. Had a blast! I think there were only 3 other vipers there and about 500 vettes... ha Lot's of fun and junk man was there doing what he does best!

You coming this year? I'll actually be there this time! 30 laps? SWEET! After 15, I'm normally ready for a nice quiet ride down the street to *******! :D

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea they even had me take this dude the was filming the whole thing and was going to make a "professional" from what he said of the event on a ride around the track. I think he took the money and ran as I do not see a video on their site. ha

Anyways, did not know it was this weekend but I might come on down. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect and really enjoyed the event and the people last year.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea they even had me take this dude the was filming the whole thing and was going to make a "professional" from what he said of the event on a ride around the track. I think he took the money and ran as I do not see a video on their site. ha

Anyways, did not know it was this weekend but I might come on down. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect and really enjoyed the event and the people last year.

You should definitely come down! I only found out about it this past Saturday or I would've given everyone more of a headsup. Hopefully I can get TowDawg to come down from Chattanooga and possibly make a weekend in Atlanta out of it after we're done at the track.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys GOTTA display the N'Ring Record Decals on your Vipers for that !!

I'm sure you sent me a 7.22.1 decal, I'll just have to make a "1" and be good to go!

Now that would not be nice would it.... I LOVE IT!! ha

We should both wear our "God Made Vipers...." shirts! :D I almost wear it every year and then I remember, its an invite I'd hate to not be invited back to and the fact that Vipers are normally outnumbered 10:1 :D I know several of the Corvette guys who go every year, and I'm just not shy about telling them that I'm their hero lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acmeinfolabs