Is a black viper a violation of the Golden Rule????

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have swirls and I'm damn proud of it! I drive this beast!
But only myself and other Viperholics seems to notice. Most people think it's new and surprised to find out it's six years old.

Amen LETHAL GTS, spoken wisely, what fun is it if you can't drive it. If the enjoyment of driving my Viper was worth money I would be a millionair by now. :D

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ^^^^^sir is NOT a violation. Beautiful :2tu:
Do you have a clearbra on the front or is that just the way the light is hitting it?

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is evil. The only thing I don't like about my black GTS is that it fades into the background under the night sky. I'm getting black wheels though.

8648Black_on_black_023_web.jpg

please tell me you are getting the windows tinted and 19" black HRE 546 wheels? That is my DREAM, same stripes and all, I was wondering when someone would do that! Great taste man, that car looks awesome and will look 10x better with black wheels with a polished lip!

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black cars, if driven show more swirls and marks than other (lighter) color cars. That's just how it is.
Wrong. Silly absolute statement to make, in fact. My daily driven black car has less marks/swirls/whatever than fellow club member's red and silver cars.

Who knows how the other cars are cared for. Yes, it is possible that Lighter colored cars have more swirls, etc.

So let me restate that, if both cars are driven the same and cared for the same. The black car will show more swirls, marks, etc.
OK, I'll accept that, with the qualification that the same-situation black car will simply have more *visible* swirls, not actually more swirls (or, more accurately, "micro-scratches"). However, I just could not accept that original absolute statement. :cool:

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if I could overlay those flat black stripes on my GTS. If my car has the factory silver stripes can I chnge them to the flat black stripes like yours, Dead eye? If I don't sell my GTS I may just do that.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You'd probably have to go a centimeter or so wider to hide the factory stripes and have a steady hand. I think It would look great! I want to go with black wheels with a polished lip too.

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bat, are those 19 and 20" wheels? Those two pics above just changed my ming as which Gen is the best. I was sold on an srt until I seen your car.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black is evil. The only thing I don't like about my black GTS is that it fades into the background under the night sky. I'm getting black wheels though.

please tell me you are getting the windows tinted and 19" black HRE 546 wheels? That is my DREAM, same stripes and all, I was wondering when someone would do that! Great taste man, that car looks awesome and will look 10x better with black wheels with a polished lip!

Well, the windows are tinted...
8648Copy_of_Transit_GTS.jpg

drviperdds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really nice rims, what are those anyways? I have a set of 19's HRE 547R and the rear lips does not looked that deep like yours. Thanks :2tu:

danahs

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, the windows are tinted...
8648Copy_of_Transit_GTS.jpg

= 10/10 IMO

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black is Beautiful! At 110 you can't see the swirls :) .
You must be registered for see images

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black is the best color for a Viper. It has such outrages lines that the black color tones it down in a sinister, intimidating way.

If you are driver (like me) you just have to drive it "dirty" some days of the week. I thought I would have liked another color but then at a meeting I parked next to a yellow/black and a red/white. Much to my suprise, the Black/Silver looked the best.

But really, I have never seen a factory color on a viper that looked bad. I have some some hellbilly paintjobs on some vipers that should have been considered a crime.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to go with black wheels with a polished lip too.

not to bring this back from the dead but did you end up getting the black wheels yet? Ever think of just powdercoating your stock wheels black and leaving the lip polished like toofast did on his black 99 rt-10?