Is build up needed for front of 1’’ seat lowering kit?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m pulling the seat out now to install my drivers seat 1’’ lowering kit and was wondering. Will I need to add some washers under the front of it, as I had to on my GTS. The lowering kit on the GTS had the front lower than stock so it felt like you were going to slide out of it.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)
:usa:

05yellowSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No build up needed. However, if you are using Northwind's kit, I'd replace the thin wire spring that goes between the rails to adjust seat position. It is not strong enough. If you search there are several ways to improve on the design. I used a heavy duty wire with a turnbuckle. Works like a charm

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No build up needed. However, if you are using Northwind's kit, I'd replace the thin wire spring that goes between the rails to adjust seat position. It is not strong enough. If you search there are several ways to improve on the design. I used a heavy duty wire with a turnbuckle. Works like a charm

I was going to make one out of a cloths hanger or wire tie. [******]

2005 Silver SRT/10

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen III with the seat lowering kit provides much better thigh/upper leg support. I'm 6'2" and really like the GEN III seats with the seat lowering kit.

With my GTS and the lowering kit, I never felt like I have enough support under my legs. The GEN III setup is more comfortable.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mission accomplish!

It feels like a whole new ride:) What a difference. If your over 6ft, It’s a major driving comfort upgrade. I’m ordering one tomorrow for the passenger side. Anybody look into a thinner amp from Alpine?

Mike at Northwinds has been great, emailing me back with questions, even on Sunday.

2005 Silver SRT/10

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AGREED.

Don't know why, but with the lowering kit, the car seems much more comfortable.

Not only do you no longer need to look out of the very top of the windshield, but for some reason the seat seems to fit better. Much better lower back support.

Much more comfortable than I expected. Car acutally seems to ride softer.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed!

7177IMGP11051-med.JPG

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Low Tech,

I used the bottom wire to a suit hanger. Mike at Northwind apologized and I had their wire the next day.

4030DSC02757-med.JPG

I’m going to still tilt the front edge up a little. I’d like it to be a little more there when I stand on the brakes.
Here is what Northwind suggested.

Quote: ”Raising the front of the SRT kit could be as simple as fitting a spacer(s)
> (washers?) between the front, bent bracket and the slider
> mechanism. You are the first customer to ask for this so I'll let you
> determine how much lift is enough.”