Is it worth the extra few grand to get a 96 B/W over 97

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys why does it matter if one or the other sells for a few dollars more??
I've seen some 97 go for more and I've seen some 96's go for more. What's the big deal?? It's the same car that 99% of the people out there don't know the difference between. They are so close that it doesn't really matter. If your buying it for just the investment then you really should look in to other investments.
Ok Rant over you may proceed.
:D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing coincidence that the advice the person gets is directly related to the car owned by that particular poster. Cars are shiity investments. Find either year in the best condition and mileage you can afford and buy it. Guess what? The resale of your car in 10 years is not going to fund your retirement account. They made too many of them. They are NOT rare. There are Blue and Whites and every other color car for sale every day. Maybe a NO mileage pristine car will bring some money 20 years from now. But a Viper with 20K miles on it won't. Enjoy the damn car now, you could have a bus land on you tomorrow.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While obviously any Viper is special, doesn't the fact that 1996 GTS's sell at a premium over 1997's say it all?

We have a winner; most elegant, Ron. I am coming to Indy 25th-28th. If you still have my part in your attic, I can call you to pick up one day that week.

Can someone kill this post now?

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

While I look forward to your arrival and will be happy to buy your a beer (or 2) you've already picked up your part! Now where did you put it? Or did you leave it in Lake Charles?

Ron