Is my Heat-A/C controls messed up, or are yours the same way??

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that whenever I'm in the Viper, I can't seem to adjust the temp knob with the fan low, med, or high. In my "normal" every day cars I can turn the temp dial up even with the A/C on, and it'll warm up the pass compartment pretty good. In the Viper, I can turn it wherever I want to and it doesn't make a difference. It's either Ice frikin' cold with A/C on, or blazing hot when A/C is off. Anyone experience this, or is it just me ???

RED97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think that since this is not the first car Dodge ever made, that the HVAC system would function. In the 10 years of "good looking Vipers" the HVAC system was never fixed. Almost as if the guys that design them never drive them!

Rare1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had similar problem I found that the heater cable had broken loose from the knob! I found out when I tried to watch the cable open/close at the heaterbox in the enginecompartment. No movement there when I turned the knob! Had to buy a new indash unit, and now I think it workes like in any other car.
Good Luck!
Mikael
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

OP
OP
J

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys.

I'm gonna check into the cable not operating properly. There is absolutly NOTHIN'as far as temp change when you turn the dial from hot to cold....