Is my price right?????

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I originally thought that $38,900 was the right price for my car, since then i have lowered it to $34,000.00. I have to say that considering the time and money put into this car that $34k is an absolute steal. Does anybody disagree? Or does anybody agree? I would seriously love all of my Viper brother's opinions? Here is my Ebay ad(yes the very thought i was trying to avoid i have surrenered to) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=220136816864&rd=1

I have already been offered $30,500.00 but i think that is way to small, am i wrong? Please advise. Thank you.:usa:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen II front fascia? I would think if the car was more stock and true to the original, especially with the color combo-might command more $...?

Just a thought.

Good luck on your sale!

Signed -not a brother but a sister:)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think you are right - 34 is a steal. but the car market is not good right now. everything is down. you will either have to let someone steal it if you want to sell it now, or hang onto it. maybe next year things will be back to normal?

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, 34k is MORE than fair. Pix look great. As stated, market for "toy" cars is soft right now. Real estate is down, and as of late, so is the stock market. In a reasonable market, I think you could get your original number. If you can, I'd hold out for the extra $$. Only takes one buyer, who will still be getting a great deal.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, 30-32K buys a nice 94-95. Take a close look at autotrader, single digits cars for >30K can be found. Your green/tan looks nice but that color limits buyers. If you've got the stock wheels, put them back on and sell the Gen 3 wheels and the autoform top seperately, they'd bring 4K fast.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you have a sound set price, keep it there and you'll get it.

If your car was red I would be tempted to pick it up. The problem you are running into is the market ***** so bad that people are selling GTS's with less miles for not much more. Green is probably the least desired color (although rare).

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, just making sure i was not crazy.

So, did your car sell, James??? You were selling for a steal in our opinion....your car, if others have not seen it in person, is absolutely gorgeous....you REALLY have to see it to believe how beautiful this Emerald Green GenI is.....James has kept it in pristine condition.
I hope you sold it--let me know--we know of a 1998 blue/white GTS that a dealer has had heavily modded....don't know if you're interested in those still? If so, let me know.
~juli~

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, 30-32K buys a nice 94-95. Take a close look at autotrader, single digits cars for >30K can be found. Your green/tan looks nice but that color limits buyers. If you've got the stock wheels, put them back on and sell the Gen 3 wheels and the autoform top seperately, they'd bring 4K fast.

Good call. I will also agree with you on the color. I remember being told that this color just like the Sapphire was for a limited buyer group and selling the cars usually takes longer than say a Red or Yellow car.

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I can't thank you all enough for you responses and opinions. As always I will say it again, this is by far the greatest car club on earth. My car sold for $34k with the buy it now option in less than 24 hours. So I guess the price was right. Those of you who have seen my car can vouch for how special it is in person. A SERIOUS THANK YOU to Chuck Tator who took time out of his day to discuss my car with the buyer. I know i am repeating the same topic that is discussed all the time on this forum, but Chuck Tator is Such an asset to the Viper community and I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me! :headbang: :headbang: I will be BACK soon.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
So sorry to see the Emerald Green RT leave us...but glad that you got the price you wanted, James. As all of you know who HAVE seen this gorgeous work of art, it simply is the MOST BEAUTIFUL VIPER!~! Hope you find another Viper very soon, James!!!! Has been a pleasure to have seen your car and enjoyed it every time. Our best to you~~~juli
***There is no praising Chuck enough~~he's the BEST!!**

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 20 grand more and that car would have been mine! Congrats on the sale. I've said it before, I'll say it again, you had THE best looking Green RT/10!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 20 grand more and that car would have been mine! Congrats on the sale. I've said it before, I'll say it again, you had THE best looking Green RT/10!

DITTO...there's no dispute about that here!!! Good Luck James finding now your 'dream' Viper....juli

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale! That is one sweet looking Viper!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21