Is there a way to banned people...

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... who don't understand the Viper. All these posts about the Viper needs T/C, backup monitor, park assist, auto trans(for people with inop limps it's ok) all this other cr@p. Can we just take them about 100mi off shore and drop them off. This is just getting out of control.

What's next a vert-hard-top?

:mad: :evilmad: :brick: :censored: :rant: :aargh: :comp1:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is many things, to many different people. Trying to restrain and constrain where it can go, and what it can do is a disservice to all Viper lovers. I say progress, evolution and revolution is a good thing.

I like seeing the Viper evolve. Buy the older versions, if your a die hard purest. For you there is no other Viper then the 1992 rt/10. But when the 08, 2010, 2015 cars go flying by you on track, with their cup holders, ABS, Active Handling, Traction Control, at least they will be able to see you flipping them the bird with their backup camera systems....

Jon

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper is many things, to many different people. Trying to restrain and constrain where it can go, and what it can do is a disservice to all Viper lovers. I say progress, evolution and revolution is a good thing.

I like seeing the Viper evolve. Buy the older versions, if your a die hard purest. For you there is no other Viper then the 1992 rt/10. But when the 08, 2010, 2015 cars go flying by you on track, with their cup holders, ABS, Active Handling, Traction Control, at least they will be able to see you flipping them the bird with their backup camera systems....

Jon

I think sending Viper owners, much like yourself, to a driving school would be much cheaper than devlop usless nanny tech.

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jon

As long as Herb is in charge...we all know he feels the same as I do about the Viper.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of 100 miles off shore.....if you're out there, drop a line, I would really like some good fresh Tuna or Marlin....guess it's time for a sushi dinner tonight!

Regards,
Aaron

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you say that the ABS, 6-disc CD player, and cup holders are the reason Vipers do not fly out of the show rooms. And, they depreciate $20k in the first year?

Do you think they would sell more Vipers and hold their value more if:

(A). They were rawer?
(B). More refined?

We are definitely a divided group here. Some Super Charging their new Vipers for more power, and others installing cruise control for long drives.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think those of us on these forums DO understand the Viper--it's why we HAVE one~~!
We WANT it to be just the way it is...didn't everyone who bought one???? Why change a "Work of Art" as I call the Viper?? PERFECT as is...(mods are okay!!)...and yes, the automatic tranny for people who have physical restrictions but still want the RAW BEAST!!
~juli
Can we all just get along now? We ARE on the same forum...same page...etc...

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would you say that the ABS, 6-disc CD player, and cup holders are the reason Vipers do not fly out of the show rooms. And, they depreciate $20k in the first year?

Do you think they would sell more Vipers and hold their value more if:

(A). They were rawer?
(B). More refined?

We are definitely a divided group here. Some Super Charging their new Vipers for more power, and others installing cruise control for long drives.

The viper isn't about mass market approval. It's a niche market car. With the way 80% of people mod a viper for more power, better handling ect, I'd say the answer is A.

For the people who like B: You are pushing nanny-tech, thus pushing the viper to mass market acceptance. Mass market acceptance is what the Viper spits in the face of. No way on earth is a 8.0+L motor "in vogue" or "Accepted" by the masses. That in it's self is what makes the Viper great. Last of the Big Cube Bad Boys. Tame the Viper for the masses and it will endup like the Malibu: FWD, lifeless,gutless and ugly.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viper isn't about mass market approval. It's a niche market car. With the way 80% of people mod a viper for more power, better handling ect, I'd say the answer is A.
For the people who like B: You are pushing nanny-tech, thus pushing the viper to mass market acceptance. Mass market acceptance is what the Viper spits in the face of. No way on earth is a 8.0+L motor "in vogue" or "Accepted" by the masses. That in it's self is what makes the Viper great. Last of the Big Cube Bad Boys. Tame the Viper for the masses and it will endup like the Malibu: FWD, lifeless,gutless and ugly.

Agreed--which is why this 'niche' market (which I call the Viper too--no, it's not made for the masses--that would be the Corvette)...MAY be in jeopardy. Hope NOT...but being realistic. We want the car to stay the RAW BEAST that it is. We LIKE that the Viper spits in the face of mass acceptance...it belongs in the niche market it is in...and does NOT compare to the Z06...apples to oranges. Let's just hope Viper production continues...but realistically?? Unfortunately--possibly not. ~juli

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good points.

But how many ACR’s were ordered without a/c or the radio?

And if we had options of:
Full leather interior,
Suede headliner,
Traction Control,
Automatic transmission,
A/C seats,
Cruise control,
Rain sensitive wipers, etc. etc. How many Vipers would be ordered with them? And would the Viper move away from competing with the corvettes, to competing for Ferrari buyer. Just a thought.

I think the Viper has a great balance in "too much" and "not enough," and this is how we get there. IMO

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed--which is why this 'niche' market (which I call the Viper too--no, it's not made for the masses--that would be the Corvette)...MAY be in jeopardy. Hope NOT...but being realistic. We want the car to stay the RAW BEAST that it is. We LIKE that the Viper spits in the face of mass acceptance...it belongs in the niche market it is in...and does NOT compare to the Z06...apples to oranges. Let's just hope Viper production continues...but realistically?? Unfortunately--possibly not. ~juli

Agreed Juli, which is why we stand out as individuals that "don't blend" with the masses:headbang:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's the jist of the matter...options. Do we WANT to have lots of options? Good point, Andrew...personally?? I'd not take any of the options, I WANT A RAW BEAST...so why didn't we go for a GenI? THAT is the rawest of the bunch...because opportunity didn't present itself, and an '05 did. It's still a RAW BEAST...with a/c, power windows, radio--true...would we ASK for those things if it didn't come with? No...good point to ponder though...if we're talking 'mass appeal', then options come into play, if we're talking what the Viper means to most of us? Options not wanted...juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... who don't understand the Viper. All these posts about the Viper needs T/C, backup monitor, park assist, auto trans(for people with inop limps it's ok) all this other cr@p. Can we just take them about 100mi off shore and drop them off. This is just getting out of control.

What's next a vert-hard-top?

:mad: :evilmad: :brick: :censored: :rant: :aargh: :comp1:

Dude. Look what you started.

Another thread about TC, ABS, Paddle Shifters, Navagation, Rear Cameras...

Pleased?

The only way is to ignore, not write about not writing about it.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's the jist of the matter...options. Do we WANT to have lots of options? Good point, Andrew...personally?? I'd not take any of the options, I WANT A RAW BEAST...so why didn't we go for a GenI? THAT is the rawest of the bunch...because opportunity didn't present itself, and an '05 did. It's still a RAW BEAST...with a/c, power windows, radio--true...would we ASK for those things if it didn't come with? No...good point to ponder though...if we're talking 'mass appeal', then options come into play, if we're talking what the Viper means to most of us? Options not wanted...juli

C’mon.:smirk: You would like leather Interior or a suede headliner?:2tu:

What about your next Viper, will it come with the RB1 radio with the GPS?:eater:

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good points.

But how many ACR’s were ordered without a/c or the radio?

And if we had options of:
Full leather interior,
Suede headliner,
Traction Control,
Automatic transmission,
A/C seats,
Cruise control,
Rain sensitive wipers, etc. etc. How many Vipers would be ordered with them? And would the Viper move away from competing with the corvettes, to competing for Ferrari buyer. Just a thought.

I think the Viper has a great balance in "too much" and "not enough," and this is how we get there. IMO

That's why my ACR doesn't have that cr@p.

OP
OP
D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude. Look what you started.

Another thread about TC, ABS, Paddle Shifters, Navagation, Rear Cameras...

Pleased?

The only way is to ignore, not write about not writing about it.

I don't have the name Disturbed for nothing :D