IS this a good start for mods?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm closing the deal on a Black 99' RT/10 in the next 24 hours and the car will be at DC performance, i am having a new tranny put in which is covered under the warranty. I am planning on having them put on smooth tubes, B&B headers 1 3/4 inch, high flow cats if they will not delete the cats for me , And B&B exhaust system, along with either a B&M or hurst short throw shifter. Would you reccomend anything else, while this work is getting done? My near future plans after these mods are roller rockers, Roe super charger and Purner 505's with a mopar spoiler? What do you all think about these mods? Any suggestions or do's or dont's? Thanks again :usa: :2tu:

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might as well do smooth tubes will you are at it.

Sounds like a good setup.

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new VIPER!!! I know you are excited. Great starter mods. This is subjective! But the RT looks better without a spoiler IMO. But it's not my viper. enjoy and be SAFE!

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put a skip-shift eliminator on while it's up on the rack (if not already done).

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

This modification (see the "illustrated upgrades" section) or device (available multiple sites, including eBay for about $35 or less) prevents the unwanted "skip" of 2nd/3rd under mild acceleration...an annoying economy device I guess.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't put a skip-shift eliminator on. Instead, use two pieces of electric tape and do it for free (okay like one penny). Paying $35 for that is just RIDICULOUS.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that is a great start on the mods. I personally think the Mopar spoiler on the RT is the way to go. That exhaust system will be loud, especially if you don't have any type of cat in there. I personally would opt for the 3" RT metal cats as I don't think you lose much in power with them and you don't have to worry about the raw gas smell.

If you want to spend another grand at this time, you might also put in the VEC2 now and have it tuned by DC for your setup. It will get you a good horsepower return on your dollar and Sean will credit you about $700 when you upgrade to the SC.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know how to power shift quite well, although i my be a hair slower goin into third but way faster than the average joe. Would you suggest this for someone who already know how to shift real good?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't put a skip-shift eliminator on. Instead, use two pieces of electric tape and do it for free (okay like one penny). Paying $35 for that is just RIDICULOUS.
I would not even bother with that. In 10 months of ownership I have only had the skip-shift activate one time and that was when grandma in the left turn lane in front of me got nervous and brake-checked me right when I was shifting from first to second. Now with short gears, it will never happen again I am sure.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just to clarify, the Viper will lock out gears 2-3 and make you go from 1st to 4th if you shift at very low RPMs. I think it is something ~1500 RPMs. If you shift above that, no lock out. I have really not found it much of a problem and don't plan on doing the mod.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not even bother with that. In 10 months of ownership I have only had the skip-shift activate one time and that was when grandma in the left turn lane in front of me got nervous and brake-checked me right when I was shifting from first to second. Now with short gears, it will never happen again I am sure.

I just did mine when the car was up on jackstands anyway, while I was changing oil. It added an extra maybe two minutes to my oil change time.

Mine....CAME....on quite often in parking lots and traffic and such.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay those are some great mods to start with (with I started with that many) I'd ad 1 thing to that list and thats a VEC 2, Dan can tune that thing to be awesome with your setup.

again congrads on the new snake

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know how to power shift quite well, although i my be a hair slower goin into third but way faster than the average joe. Would you suggest this for someone who already know how to shift real good?

I'm not talking about powershifting, I sure your good at it if your driving a slow Mustang LMAO Just givin ya ****
Just don't shift under 15hun.

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Roe is NOT Cal DOT legal and should not pass smog visual. DC has put in Many Paxtons which produce more power.You might also think about a 3:55 rear

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is just getting some work done out there because the guy i bought it from only lives 5 minutes from DC performance. I ant to go with a Roe because its less expensive and i've heard the power differences between the two ins't very much. I live in southern Illinois and in the small town where i'm registering the car their isnt any emission laws :) . I thought it was best not to change the gear ratio with a supercharged car due to traction problems? Thanks for the advice everyone, LOL funny LETHAL :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang