Is this factory paint on a 99 ACR??

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my 2000 ACR has clear rock guard and it's across the whole front.

Your silver/blue looks like the paint is a rough finish

Ted

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a potential new ride Lawrence??? :D

Only if the owner comes to realize that it's not made out of solid gold.
He seems to think that it's still 2007:rolleyes:

Oh, and the fascia is "so clean" because he repainted it, which he said all Viper owners do:rolleyes: Funny, my 2001 which had 4 owners was nearly spotless without any paintwork:2tu:

I am curious if other color combos had this flat black paint treatment as well??

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine does......but im pretty sure it has some clear 3m tape on the far, outside, edges. im not home right now to go check it though

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the little spots of clear tape are on the edges of Gen 2 fascias...but I never noticed the flat black before. I know the flat black wasn't on my former 96 or my current 2000 GTS. Both I bought new/

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if the owner comes to realize that it's not made out of solid gold.
He seems to think that it's still 2007:rolleyes:

Oh, and the fascia is "so clean" because he repainted it, which he said all Viper owners do:rolleyes: Funny, my 2001 which had 4 owners was nearly spotless without any paintwork:2tu:

I am curious if other color combos had this flat black paint treatment as well??

Hopefully he comes around. I was just looking at a pic of a '96 GTS and that front splitter was painted in the body color. Not that flat back that is on this particular car. I think dodge painted the whole fascia in body color. I've seen pics of promo cars (Vipers) with stripes that had the stripes running all the way down the splitter but by the time the car got to production the stripes didn't run down the splitter anymore. However the one thing that stayed the same was that the whole fascia was painted body color. No flat black strip.

Others are saying it's normal and i'm not even gonna say I know their own car better then them but I would be cautious on this one.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine