Is this Rice at its finest ?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you reckon ? I know what Chuck 98 answer is :)

Not sure if I like it, but will give it a few weeks to see if it grows on me.
I didnt like the GT canards at first, but now wouldnt be without them :2tu:

190duct2-med.jpg

190duct1-med.jpg

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Functional == Excellent GO :Awesome Design

If Functional == Null Go _:Delete

_:Delete

:Awesome Design

End

VIPERMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do you guys mean by functional? You mean it flows air through the roof inside the car ?! or brings down force by working like a wind tunnel that puches the car down?????
I really don't see how it can be functional.
Design wise, I have seen much better roof ducts ...

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do you guys mean by functional? You mean it flows air through the roof inside the car ?! or brings down force by working like a wind tunnel that puches the car down?????

Ditto. Does this mean you cut a hole on the roof? Nice ride though. Where did you get the windshield decal?

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto. Does this mean you cut a hole on the roof? Nice ride though. Where did you get the windshield decal?

yes they mean cutting a hole in the roof racing style to get air into the car, no way would I do that on a road car, strictly non functional and RICE !

made the decal myself check out my website below

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Roof duct is quite popular amognst many after market RT/10 Hard Top manufactures, so I have seen it many times and a Few GTS as well. Rice, I dont think so but still a personal touch. I will do without it. Then again I have Stripes and only about 50% of the people like them ;)

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rice in my opinion is all show and no go.... go ahead and add some show to your Viper... cause it has the go to back it up! I like the scoop.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it doesnt make it faster or safer than it doesn't go on. Except the fader stripes on my SRT, which doesnt add much weight or drag.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The aesthetics of the rim (where the whole thing connects to the roof) is way too thick makes it look even more fake - even LEGO-like in a way. If you could shave that down to compliment the roof bubbles or maybe even blend it in with body work I bet it would work a lot better. But if you go that far might as well make it functional.

Personally I think I would still dislike it though but like it was said before "its your car...."

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for picking up the ball guys. Neil wouldn't let me reply and after seeing too many SRT guys going into poser mode I've been starting to wonder about GenI and II.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
big majority to Rice, go on Chuck lay it on me I've broad shoulders (old english saying) and I can take the flack :D

at a meet last weekend, most didnt even notice it or were far to polite to say anything

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for picking up the ball guys. Neil wouldn't let me reply and after seeing too many SRT guys going into poser mode I've been starting to wonder about GenI and II.

Plenty of Posers in the Gen I/II crowd as well. I would bet the poser to "racer" ratio is by far in favor of the posers for all Vipers. You are gonna hate my car when it is done. :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posers always outnumber racers. But Vipers have a disproportionate number of racers compared to other car groups.

I'll never forget a quote I read on the Vette board - "One thing about Vipers, if you line up next to one there's a good chance he's going to run you." Not trying to encourage anything illegal but the mindset was amusing.

Hey, it's all good as long as the posers know their place in the food chain. :D

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming from Raid and Dakar race-cars those scoops are only for cooling down the driver's bald spot anyway.
How could they be functional in ANY way on a street car?? With A/C??? And power-windows...

Building it to open and close indeed is no problem, guy here built a custom one...

It still belongs on those if you ask me...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posers always outnumber racers. But Vipers have a disproportionate number of racers compared to other car groups.

I'll never forget a quote I read on the Vette board - "One thing about Vipers, if you line up next to one there's a good chance he's going to run you." Not trying to encourage anything illegal but the mindset was amusing.

Hey, it's all good as long as the posers know their place in the food chain. :D

I know my role ... :headbang:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte