Is this true? I saw this in the vette forum. If so..this *****!

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOT gonna happen,that rumor was going around in 99 with y2k comming,Rumor was D.C was planning on a more affordable mass produced Viper.Well as you can see they made a lot of changes ,not all for the good,but that didnt and wont happen,Seems the corvette guys are just driven nuts by the fact that people will walk right through their cars to get a peek at ours.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
With the new look of the Stratamaro its unlikely that there will be much change in the Vipr business anytime soon. Course DC is in the business of selling cars and if they thought for a moment that they could sell 100k units a year at $84k apeice I doubt they would think twice about doing it.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A car company lowering prices? Are you kidding Adam? You don't forward that chain letter too from Microsoft saying they'll pay you for everyone email address you send it to. I must get that f'ing stupid letter once a week.

Gerald

Charlie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think it was possible but you've out done yourself, Great question Adam.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper has no heritage?

All I can say is: "1981 Corvette." Now THERE'S "heritage" you 'Vette queens can be proud of.

Chebby guys....

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:

Found in Corvette forum:

My friend is a regular at the MOPAR forum, and recently the President of Dodge wrote a letter on the forum explaining that Dodge is doing a full re-evaluation of their products, and lowering the price on their sports cars to make them affordable to the everyday consumer. Chances are that there will be a price drop of...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While, believe it or not, there actually is precedent for a car manufacturer lowering their price on a new car, I'd have some doubts here: Why would a car exec post something like that in an online forum? Is there even a "President" of Dodge? H-O-A-X-ville.

EXECMALIBU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MiamiJeff:
While, believe it or not, there actually is precedent for a car manufacturer lowering their price on a new car, I'd have some doubts here: Why would a car exec post something like that in an online forum? Is there even a "President" of Dodge? H-O-A-X-ville.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES THERE IS ALOT OF PRECEDENT!

MY WIFES 1995 S500 WAS $93K WHEN NEW..IN LATE 1998 THE NEW BODY STLYE S500 WAS INTRODUCED.. A MUCH BETTER CAR IN EVERY ASPECT AT $88K.. ABOUT $5K LESS..SAME STORY WITH THE E320 CAB THE CLK WAS $15 LESS AND BETTER! ALSO THE 993 PORSCHE IN 1995..A MUCH FASTER AND BETTER CAR OFFERED AT A LOWER PRICE THAN THE PREVIOUS 911..

IF THEY DECIDED TO MASS PRODUCE THE VIPER LIKE THE VETTE (NOT LIKELY) THEY COULD EASILY LOWER THE MSRP...DC WOULD PROBABLY MAKE MORE MONEY..

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If the below is true, I think I would sell my Viper and save to get smething else. I would hate to see a bunch of teenagers or eveyone on the road with a Viper. That is one of the main reasons why I like the Viper. It's rare.

Found in Corvette forum:

My friend is a regular at the MOPAR forum, and recently the President of Dodge wrote a letter on the forum explaining that Dodge is doing a full re-evaluation of their products, and lowering the price on their sports cars to make them affordable to the everyday consumer. Chances are that there will be a price drop of around $20,000 pretty soon for the Viper and SRT-10 Truck. Let's see, around $20,000 off makes it about $50,000. Seems to me like the Corvette is going to have some seriously competitive times ahead. The C6 better kick butt, or Corvette might be doomed.
Yes, Corvette has heritage. The Viper doesn't. There will always be people who drive Corvettes because they're Corvettes. Then there are the people who drive Corvettes because of the image. Some because of the power. Some because of the thrill. What happens when a car comes along at the same price that offers more than the Corvette can in thrills, power, and excitement?

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider the source !!!....First of all the TOTAL production for 2003 is sold out at $84K.....the 2004 production is going to be a sellout AT $84k...EVERY YEARS PRODUCTION since '92 has been a sellout.....reduce the price...NOT LIKELY.....the guy that suggested this would be laughed out of the business so fast he would need a Viper to get outta town....another of those old wives tales....now maybe they could reduce the price $20K if they put a Vette engine in the Viper
laugh.gif

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EXECMALIBU:
YES THERE IS ALOT OF PRECEDENT!

MY WIFES 1995 S500 WAS $93K WHEN NEW..IN LATE 1998 THE NEW BODY STLYE S500 WAS INTRODUCED.. A MUCH BETTER CAR IN EVERY ASPECT AT $88K.. ABOUT $5K LESS..SAME STORY WITH THE E320 CAB THE CLK WAS $15 LESS AND BETTER! ALSO THE 993 PORSCHE IN 1995..A MUCH FASTER AND BETTER CAR OFFERED AT A LOWER PRICE THAN THE PREVIOUS 911..

IF THEY DECIDED TO MASS PRODUCE THE VIPER LIKE THE VETTE (NOT LIKELY) THEY COULD EASILY LOWER THE MSRP...DC WOULD PROBABLY MAKE MORE MONEY..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woopdee Freakin Do - Another upper-case screamer!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PAY ATTENTION. All of you who just paid big bucks for a new SRT/10 are screwed. The price is dropping $30k according to my very secret sources.

Sell now before you lose your shirts!!! Since I am so concerned about fellow board users I will throw myself on the flames and offer to buy your SRT/10's for $55,000 cash right now.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by, you may never again be able to lose only $25k on this sold out, one of a kind, American made super exotic.

DON'T BE FOOLED by those people offering to pay you over sticker!!!!

You should sell your cars to me NOW for ONLY a $25k loss. If you have a few miles on the car I will even overlook that.

I hereby nominate myself for Viper Nation Good Deed Doer of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'll give you...er...um....never mind, I'll just save the cash, pocket the difference, and buy another Honda. That way I'll be driving a car that's SUPPOSED to look Japanese...

Maybe try out one of those funny lookly NSEXUSes, i'm told they have cup holders...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Execmalibooboo, why did a bright guy like you keep buying from a manufacturer who kept dropping the price and henceforth the resale on your cars, you bought THREE times and took it in the shorts all three, I'll bet you'll buy that brand again too, some folks just ain't bright enough to change, some are so stoopid they can't find their caps key, can you imagine a keyboard cretin like that?
Bonkers, from Delawhere...does this avatar finally signify you have formally joined our ranks? that beautiful red GTS has been added to your, ahem, formidable fleet? Seriously, congratulations, join the VCA, I look forward to meeting you, seen you posting forever, but not at events. Careful with the stratamoro stuff, they are here now and they are faster than the one you're leaning on, I wish it wasn't so, but I know it's true, because I got one like yours too.