is woodhouse really going to charge me $45 to ship motor mounts?

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i was getting wheel hop at the track going to 2nd gear and with 30k on the clock i figure its time to put a new set of mounts in.

This just ****** me off. They want to charge me $43.45 on a set of motor mounts that are already overpriced at $250. Shipping probably wont cost more than $10 to get to me...its just ridiculous!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like they'd fit in a USPS Priority Mail Box that's under $12 to ship anywhere in the US..

:bonker:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Through their website, Woodhouse Performance, standard shipping is $20

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just placed an order yesterday. Shipping was $20 for the transmission mount and engine mounts. Did you order online or over the phone?

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They want to charge me $43.45 on a set of motor mounts that are already overpriced at $250

I just checked the shipping charges. Standard shipping to me would be $20 in the St. Louis area. Are you having them sent 2nd Day Air or something?

BTW, don't forget the transmission mount for an additional $41. :2tu:

Reaction score
The computer sets the shipping NOT me. People call all day and night and I give them the real deal. Anyone can do a website I just answer the call or Email.

And nothing cheap is without compromises down the road remember that. We spent a lot of time developing and testing the signature stuff we sell.

Reaction score
Some day IT will get the site the way it should be and I will feel good about sending people there to "look" around and then call for real help. Sorry for the confusion you should not let that determine your feelings for us.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to chime in here.....

I have never dealt with Woodhouse. Never got a car there. Never ordered a part.

They answered your question AT 12:00 IN THE MORNING. ON A SUNDAY!

Hello.....does that mean anything? Seems like they take care of you. Just my two cents.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to chime in here.....

I have never dealt with Woodhouse. Never got a car there. Never ordered a part.

They answered your question AT 12:00 IN THE MORNING. ON A SUNDAY!

Hello.....does that mean anything? Seems like they take care of you. Just my two cents.
jeez buddy, settle down
not everyone's in your timezone
he's in nebraska - its not midnight there yet :slap:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya know, I think I would have made the call to Woodhouse and Mark before opening a complaint thread on the site late on a Sunday night. At least a PM to Mark first. I'm not sure it was appropriate to complain in open forum before even giving them a chance to resolve it. Mark and Woodhouse take care of VCA members.

Last edited:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know, I think I would have made the call to Woodhouse and Mark before opening a complaint thread on the site late on a Sunday night. At minimum a PM to Mark first. I'm not sure it was appropriate to complain in open forum before even giving them a chance to resolve it. Mark and Woodhouse take care of VCA members.
:nono:
:newbie:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd like to get these Mark. How difficult is it to put these in? What is entailed? Do you have to lift the engine up to put the engine mount in? I wish I woulda did these when I had you supercharge my car but I didnt really know much about them at that time.

Oh and to the guy complaining, dont worry Mark and woodhouse will bend over backwards for you to take care of you! Trust me!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know, I think I would have made the call to Woodhouse and Mark before opening a complaint thread on the site late on a Sunday night. At least a PM to Mark first. I'm not sure it was appropriate to complain in open forum before even giving them a chance to resolve it. Mark and Woodhouse take care of VCA members.

I agree totally!

I just rec'd my motor mounts from Woodhouse, excellent service and the shipping wasn't what you quoted, I live in N. IN.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I disagree with your shoving the blame to Darko. If that's a Woodhouse website, then the charges would have been or appeared to have been what he saw, and those fees would have been excessive.

Glad it all got worked out.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, as well as most if not all of our site sponsors and supporters all all over this place. If nothing else, they make a serious effort to maintain extraordinary customer service.

If anyone is not satisfied with something, CALL THEM! They will all jump through hoops to help our VCA members.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DON'T buy off the site that is why I'm HERE!

Count me as another member who did not know that. :(

I called a few times this past Friday and ended up leaving a message. I was going to make sure I was buying the right mounts. After looking at the website, I was about 110% sure they were what I wanted. I ended up placing my order on the website on Saturday. This is my first time ordering from Woodhouse, but I'll remember to be a little more patient on my next order. What's cool is that I had placed an order with Jon B and asked about the mounts. He said he could sell me the mounts, but suggested I deal with Woodhouse directly. :2tu:

Reaction score
Count me as another member who did not know that. :(

I called a few times this past Friday and ended up leaving a message. I was going to make sure I was buying the right mounts. After looking at the website, I was about 110% sure they were what I wanted. I ended up placing my order on the website on Saturday. This is my first time ordering from Woodhouse, but I'll remember to be a little more patient on my next order. What's cool is that I had placed an order with Jon B and asked about the mounts. He said he could sell me the mounts, but suggested I deal with Woodhouse directly. :2tu:

Thanks JON!

I was not in the office Friday sorry... The best thing to do is Email or PM me as I can check those round the clock 24/7 at times. I got the message this morning and will try and get this handled. I may need a CC to credit you guys to though we'll see.

Thanks for your patience

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks JON!

I was not in the office Friday sorry... The best thing to do is Email or PM me as I can check those round the clock 24/7 at times. I got the message this morning and will try and get this handled. I may need a CC to credit you guys to though we'll see.

Thanks for your patience

i sent you an email earlier today with my contact info. :drive:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some day IT will get the site the way it should be and I will feel good about sending people there to "look" around and then call for real help. Sorry for the confusion you should not let that determine your feelings for us.

I'll be happy to fix it for you.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used to design engine mounts for GM many years ago. We tested all the other aftermarket brands for tensile failure, life cycle durability, and dynamic rubber compound characteristics. None of the competitor mount would pass our tests for these specifications. The others were of poor quality and poor rubber adhesion to the metal inserts. I would never buy anything but the OEM mounts, for that reason. The compound that went into the OE mounts, were dynamically tuned for that specific car and most competition ones were not. They simply used the same rubber compound for all of their mounts, no matter what was the application, with no regard to dynamic tuning. Even the stud bolts were usually of low grade steel and often failed our pull test. This was also the case for our other products which included ball joints and body bushings. -just my 2 cents and that's just about what it is worth-
Jerry

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey mark, i bought my car from you guys, i see they're cheaper now. can i get a refund too ?

oh wait, that was 7 years go......lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery