It doesn't get any better!

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Weather was perfect here today (check your local listings). Met up with a few of my old vette buddies this morning to talk cars and check out some new rides. We spent most the time just ogling and talking over the Viper. :D

Spent the rest of the day in the car with my wife. Stopped to snap a few pix on the way back. Thought I'd share a bit of our pride and joy.

You must be registered for see images

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice! :2tu:
Your brave to still have those runflats on the Viper.

OP
OP
S

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice car. It's begging to be lowered though!

Boy you said it! I've been dying to get this thing lowered since I bought it. I was addicted to modding my vettes and promised my wife I would cool it on the mods for this car (for a little bit at least). It's been 2 months... I think that's plenty time.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Boy you said it! I've been dying to get this thing lowered since I bought it. I was addicted to modding my vettes and promised my wife I would cool it on the mods for this car (for a little bit at least). It's been 2 months... I think that's plenty time.

Oh ya, your ready. Then you can become a member of modoholics anonymous LOL

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please for the love of unwrecked vipers , get rid of those runflats .

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely make the PS2's the first investment before you go adding more HP/Torque. The ride and handling is night and day! :drive: :headbang:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice! Our cars are twins, except mine has 5-spokes and PS2s. What everyone else says is correct - the PS2s make a huge difference.

As for lowering - I bought my car lowered, but truthfully, I wouldn't have done it myself. On some of our roads (even the "good" ones) here in suburban Philly (Chester and Delware counties) I have to be VERY vigilant, and I still ocassionally scrape. So did the previous owner, judging by the condition of the front fascia.

Just something to thing about.

OP
OP
S

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to getting my mods started. I had PS2s on my last 2 cars. Night and day difference vs the factory runflats. I could tell right away the PS1's needed to go on this car.

Question on lowering - I dropped my vettes about 2 inches. Ride quality suffered a bit (though not too bad). Visually it was an immense improvement IMO. On the Viper, it looks like springs and caps are the most affordable route. Any impact to ride quality? Am I just better to go with new coilovers?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the coin, there is no question that the coilover setups are the way to go. I decided to go with the "in-between" suspension setup, the Vipair Adjustable suspension setup. You have full adjustability of ride height, and you get a better ride than the Eibach/caps route. It cost $995, so it's a little more than Eibachs/caps, but labor is the same. I did mine myself, and they're a piece of cake.

Here is the link to when they were introduced http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...affordable-gen-3-adjustable-lowering-kit.html

Here's my black SRT with the Vipair setup...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid less than $200 for my Eibachs, removed the 4 units from car and had a friend with a strut compressor change them out. It looks like the Vipair is a set of Eibachs with adjustable sleves. Unless you need to adjust for the track just buy the new springs (street or race) and have them swapped out. It's lowered just enough for me. Anymore would cause problems in my area. Just food for thought.

Last edited:

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score

2 months is a lifetime. You need to get it done now. And hey, if yer gonna incur the wrath, you might as well throw a Paxton on there, some 3.55's in the rear, slam it with some 19/20's, and oh, what tha Hell, call Jeff Lemke and get the Street Serpent kit done. Go BIG or go home.

Women just dont get it. They accessorize with shoes & bags, we accessorize with carbon fiber & horsepower.:headbang:

Be a Man. Dont ask, just do it.
:devgrin:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid less than $200 for my Eibachs, removed the 4 units from car and had a friend with a strut compressor change them out. It looks like the Vipair is a set of Eibachs with adjustable sleves. Unless you need to adjust for the track just buy the new springs (street or race) and have them swapped out. It's lowered just enough for me. Anymore would cause problems in my area. Just food for thought.

I see your point, and I'm not just drinking the Kool-Aid here, but there are different Eibach springs. I believe the ones supplied in the Eibach street kit are progressive, and the Vipair supplied Eibachs are linear, which while riding firm, eliminates the bounciness of the Eibach street kit.

For someone like me, who has had multiple wheel/tire combo's on the car, the adjustability was key in keeping that "perfect" tire to fender gap, no matter what tire setup I'm running:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude