Viper Owner
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the ring of that "Viper Owner" sure beats the previous title I had Corvette Owner :laugh:

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Sarge!!! Love the H-spokes, I have them on my car also. IMO the best looking factory wheel on a Viper ever! One question, is it black or slate grey? I love the grey (black's nice too), almost bought one with silver stripes and H-spokes but the White/Blue won out...Good luck, Dan :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Daniel,
The color is slate, ordered it from a dealer in Ohio as he was the only one that had the options I was looking for and it took a month to get here. Was worth the wait though I really like the subtle pearl color within the slate. Thanks for the welcome folks. Now if it would only warm up a bit so I can try it out with the top down!

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the owners club...I see Coors Field in the background. Make sure you join us for our club events...last one was Indoor Skydiving. PM me if you need club contact info.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with your new viper. god how I remember taking delivery of my Ferrari a few years ago. I got half way home and it started to snow. That made for an interesting ride!

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congradulations, I bet it's beautiful when the sun hits it. I believe Bill P. has a new Coupe available in the same color/wheel combination.

John

OP
OP
S

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon,
I couldn't agree more I really like the color so I am with you on that!

Willis,
I would like to hear some of the details of the club and yes that is Coors Field in the background I live in a Loft over the Wynkoop Brewery (Block away from Coors) and Park the car under the Titanium Building so I can usually walk pretty much anywhere I need to go, which is kind of bad with a car like this :p

So the next step is to get a seat lowering kit as I keep having to duck down to see out of the window :confused:

And I must say that this is a much better welcome I received then when I was part of the Corvette forums! Thanks to everyone! Looking forward to seeing you on the road :2tu:

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I grew up in Lakewood...not too far away from where you are. Graduated Metro State as well. I regularly visit there from here in Goodland, KS (3 hour drive). I've attended just a few events with the CO chapter and can tell you they are a great bunch. Quite a few have some light and heavily modded cars so any questions you may have can get answered quickly. Hope to see you at Bandimere or any of the track events that come up.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez Sarge, you live in a loft over a brewery right next to Coors field and you just picked up a kick ass new 2006 SRT, you da man!!! All the best with the ride and stay off the slopes with it...Dan :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan,
Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately the slopes are currently the only place I go regularly that I can't take the Viper. But there is always hiking in the summer :D

Want to invite everyone to come on over to Denver and catch a game at Coors then we can explore the downtown bar scene! :headbang:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Rock!

I just bought my 06 Coupe about three weeks ago from a small dealership in Ogalalla, Nebraska. Drove it home and them we got that big snow storm a day later. Funny home delivery or that first drive home works.

So it will be great to get to know you and the others here in Colorado at some of the Colorado VCA events out here. It will be a new experience for me too, coming from Saleen and Mustang clubs all these years prior.

Love the colors and the wheels on your car.

Bar scene would be a fun night out. My wife doesn't mind where I get my appetite as long as I come home to eat, so it is cool!

Rick

PS I do have season tickets to the Avs, club level, incase you want to throw a drink at Elway. His box is just two down. Ha! Ha!

OP
OP
S

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use to have season tix for the Avs but then with the new player agreement and them loosing most of my favorite guys (they still have Sakic and Hejduk!) and I like that kid John-Michael Liles but with Foote, Blake, Hinote, and Peter the Great being gone I just lost my passion. Still go to a few games though as it is only a 15 min walk from where I am.

Rick sounds like great seats! Nice score! I might have to see if I can buy some tickets from you some time.

I must admit I did go in on some season tickets for the Rockies, a beer and a dog and a ride in the snake it can't get better then that!

Looking forward to meeting you guys down the road, oh and Dave I might be going to that game also (if my buddy has to go out of town and I can get his tickets!)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave;

I bought the Viper from Ron Schmidt of Schmidt Motors in Ogallala. It was the last one he had, but he has sold a handful over the years.

All in all, it was one of the best new car purcvhase experiences I have ever had. I would highly reccomend them. Get him to show his all original, in the family since new, 1968 Chevelle! He is an advid boater and plane pilot as well.

Got to love the small town honesty.

Rick

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sarg;

Definitely have to get together sometime in the new year.

As far as the AVS, the passion is in the new league. For myself, as someone who the old "clutch and grab" "big dumb fellon" type of leagure of years ago, kept me to a career high in Major Junior Hockey in Canada only. I could not wait for the change.

I think you should give it a second look. Way more exciting than the late 90s AVS. Just my opinion though.

Rick

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this thread is related to the CO chapter guys I was trying to find out if anyone would be interested in a dyno day? Given the relatively nice weather and the fact I and a few others from the NASA Rocky Mountain group need to do some dynoes for the new 2007 rules thought maybe we could all get together in some cooler air for a few pulls. Any interest? I was thinking APEX or the place off of santa fe and 285 (I think) where did them last year.

I did make a post in the "events" section but I dont think many saw it.

OP
OP
S

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds great but I still am "breaking in" mine so I don't think running some pulls right now would be the best, but I would still show up to take a look and say hi. Or I could be wrong, what is the proper "break in" period for new vipers? I have read many different ideas and the manual says 500 miles. So I would like your opinions.

Since this thread is related to the CO chapter guys I was trying to find out if anyone would be interested in a dyno day? Given the relatively nice weather and the fact I and a few others from the NASA Rocky Mountain group need to do some dynoes for the new 2007 rules thought maybe we could all get together in some cooler air for a few pulls. Any interest? I was thinking APEX or the place off of santa fe and 285 (I think) where did them last year.

I did make a post in the "events" section but I dont think many saw it.