It lives!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove the McV for the 1st time in almost a month today :omg: I had to replace the carpet padding and between crappy weather and being out of town, I just finished the reassembly today. I needed to go to the bank today, which is roughly 1 mile from my house. I did my preliminary inspection:

1. V1 Radar detector? Powered on
2. I-pod? Installed
3. Radio? Loud

My 1 mile trip actually became me on Interstate going all the way across town just because I could :D Don't ask me how fast I was going when I merged onto Interstate from the entrance ramp...:lmao: I have no idea how anyone can buy a Viper and decide its a collectible and not drive it :rolaugh: Those who have to hibernate their Vipers have my condolences. Three weeks of no Viper driving had me having nightmares each night :nono:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:mad: Chad you are not helping!!!!!!!!!!
An idea:smirk: Maybe we could trade countries for six months of the year:2tu: ...............

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to be 65 in New York tomorrow.
God bless global warming..:2tu:

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove the McV for the 1st time in almost a month today :omg: I had to replace the carpet padding and between crappy weather and being out of town, I just finished the reassembly today. I needed to go to the bank today, which is roughly 1 mile from my house. I did my preliminary inspection:

2. I-pod? Installed
3. Radio? Loud

My 1 mile trip actually became me on Interstate going all the way across town just because I could :D Don't ask me how fast I was going when I merged onto Interstate from the entrance ramp...:lmao: I have no idea how anyone can buy a Viper and decide its a collectible and not drive it :rolaugh: Those who have to hibernate their Vipers have my condolences. Three weeks of no Viper driving had me having nightmares each night :nono:

Its just a Dodge Chad!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the excitement of driving my Viper also.

Snow and ice is even more exciting so I've tried to calm that down with my Stealth R/T TT (500hp) and with it's awd it's pretty close. Gotta admit though, it's a long wait 'til spring.

Ted

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my car out for a business appt. yesterday because it was so nice out. What a mistake that was. I had to drive on the Turnpike and Schukyll (sp) Expressway near Philly. When I got home I happened to glance at my front facia and saw about 5 new rock dings and a large scrape where a nice chunk of paint was taken off. I thought someone had hit me at first - but my car has been garaged since I detailed it about 3 weeks ago. Then I realized it was from all the stones the big m*f*n tractor trailers kick up. I had my hand out the window when I was driving and I could feel all the gravel being kicked up.
I will stick to the backroads from now on whenever possible.
Gary

newelly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
still another 3 months to go...although if it warms up a bit and the rest of the snow melts....hmmmmmm

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to be 65 in New York tomorrow.
God bless global warming..:2tu:

LOL: Wish we had a bit more of it 'upstate' than you get...*sigh*...no BEAST driving for some time, unless the rain washes away the snow (yep, still snow leftover) and salt/slurry on roads.
Glad you got your McViper out there, Chad...the more we can drive our Vipers, the better we feel~~~:) :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: Enjoy when you can! ~juli

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know how you feel Chad. With all the nasty weather we have been having here in California. I haven't had the car out since New Years Day. I am going through withdrawals. The weather looks good for Saturday and I can't wait.
I have averaged 1000 miles a month and never gone more than a week without driving it until this past few days. I really really feel sorry for those of you who have to put them in Hibernation. At least you can still look at them.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know how you feel Chad. With all the nasty weather we have been having here in California. I haven't had the car out since New Years Day. I am going through withdrawals. The weather looks good for Saturday and I can't wait.
I have averaged 1000 miles a month and never gone more than a week without driving it until this past few days. I really really feel sorry for those of you who have to put them in Hibernation. At least you can still look at them.

Hibernation is horrible...looking at the cars is even more horrible...:( ...hope YOU can get your car out and about soon...we love hearing about others' in various parts of the country who CAN still get their cars out and drive!!! ~juli
Withdrawals??? Yeah, we never get over that either! :( :drive: :drive: :drive:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
chad, man you ****! you too 01acr. now go overinflate those tires, put on a battery tender and feel my pain!!! :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chad, man you ****! you too 01acr. now go overinflate those tires, put on a battery tender and feel my pain!!! :D

You and us both, Jay...had to just put MORE air in the tires...that's about as close to the Viper we've gotten in weeks....drat :( . We feel your pain, bro....:drive: :drive: ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..........is that a corvette?...... stop helping me julie. :rofl:

You must be registered for see images

I know, not much better...but the other one had a 'TAD' (CHAD) bit of red, that's why I chose it, to TAUNT...TEASE...and MADDEN!! :rolaugh: ~~~juli

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montreal becomes "drivable" in April but I don't take my cars out until May when they fix potholes the size of trailers and remove rocks.....oh man...the rocks!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here in BC we're having record snowfalls. With our gov. insurance they changed the comprehensive insurance so that the deductible went up to $300. Then they changed the road sand to 3/4 crush/gravel. So much for our windshields and paint jobs!

I hate the way my Stealth R/T TT has big paint chips over the front half of the car, but I figure I'll need to repaint my car every two years because of our gov.'s policies. Such is life.

Ted

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2. I-pod? Installed
3. Radio? Loud

There is NO way I could let the Viper sit as a collectable. The ONLY way I could understand someone doing that is if they have two, one to drive and one to collect dust. They are just way to much fun to drive. Mine has been down for a few weeks, and I am itching to drive it!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is NO way I could let the Viper sit as a collectable. The ONLY way I could understand someone doing that is if they have two, one to drive and one to collect dust. They are just way to much fun to drive. Mine has been down for a few weeks, and I am itching to drive it!

Well, Keith...you didn't fully read what Chad wrote...it's not that he 'let' his McViper sit...he was out of town, had a bit of work to do on the carpet...as far as letting the BEASTS sleep/hibernate? WE HAVE NO CHOICE!!!!~~~You must be lucky to be in an area that allows for salt to be washed away and then drive your Viper, we are not...now see, you are essentially saying the same thing Chad said...yours is down for a month and you're itching to drive it...same as he said...he had his reasons too! For US...we have to wait...snow still on ground...salty/white/slurry roads. ~juli

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Keith...you didn't fully read what Chad wrote...it's not that he 'let' his McViper sit...he was out of town, had a bit of work to do on the carpet...as far as letting the BEASTS sleep/hibernate? WE HAVE NO CHOICE!!!!~~~You must be lucky to be in an area that allows for salt to be washed away and then drive your Viper, we are not...now see, you are essentially saying the same thing Chad said...yours is down for a month and you're itching to drive it...same as he said...he had his reasons too! For US...we have to wait...snow still on ground...salty/white/slurry roads. ~juli

Oh I was not talking about Chad. I was talking aboutt the last part that he said:

"I have no idea how anyone can buy a Viper and decide its a collectible and not drive it"

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, can you explain how a car in hibernating is faster than a car being driven? Whats your top speed achieved during hibernation? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I drove mine to get my haircut today. My top speed was...well, let's say it was faster than yours :D :D :D

TOUCHE` :rolaugh: :rolaugh: ~juli
(red in honor of Chad's McViper)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I was not talking about Chad. I was talking aboutt the last part that he said:
"I have no idea how anyone can buy a Viper and decide its a collectible and not drive it"

Oh, sorry, Keith--my bad!!! Yeah, I agree...we wanta DRIVE these BEASTS!!! ~juli
We may move someday just to BE in an area where we can DRIVE it more...it's just too sad to have it sleeping away in the garage for so long...:( ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi