Its A Real "FIAT" Now....A distaster...

D

DAMN YANKEE

Its A Real "FIAT" Now.....Scenes From the Abyss

35% of the company and Fiat didnt spend a dime....

Great! FIAT! 35% of Chrysler is now foreign owned....

I own a FIAT now....you own a FIAT now....

Embarressment....no doubt.

For FREE folks, thats right...FIAT spent ZERO dollars....Chrysler (bad name....Crazyer, better)...Crazyer sold 30% of the company for OPTIONS!

Forget the Hall of Fame...we need a Hall of Shame

Fiat and Chrysler: Not a winning pair - BusinessWeek

Carpocalypse Now: Fiat To Buy 35% Stake In Chrysler

Fiat buys 35% of Chrysler with option for 55% - dslreports.com

TheStar.com | Business | Fiat buys 35% of Chrysler

Fiat Buys Chrysler - Jalopnik

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bella Italia!

May be they MOVE CAAP to Maranello?
:D

5000 miles closer!
:crazy2:

OP
OP
D

DAMN YANKEE

HAPPENED TODAY...DONE DEAL...

You must be registered for see images

Whats next? Child seat in the back

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more negative propaganda...

You must be registered for see images attach

no thanks YANK

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess the McViper was a decade ahead of its time!:lmao:

Robert

Nah, Ferrari just wants to take revenge because they felt like Dodge should have consulted THEM instead of Lamborghini for converting the cast-iron design of the V10 that was designed for the Ram into aluminium for the Viper :eater:
Do I hear 3.5 litre V10 anyone?

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine a F430 w/ a Viper V10 w/ headers and tuned to 700 HP???!!! Oh, that'd be the next Enzo.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This needs a clear, bullet-proof roof! SO FUNNY!!! (ps, my FIRST car was a '61 Fiat!)

Caption: "Bless You my Son, go now, and SPIN NO MORE"

You must be registered for see images

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Fiat, Lada was able to manufacture financially viable cars !

Today, some bored rich italian guys don't know what to do with their money :)

I am sure the Unions will get along very well.

And what about productivity ?!
I would like to see news on productivity improvements.

Anyhow if Fiat is able to send a couple of small cars over the ocean for Chrysler (500 or Panda) it would save a lot of development time for engineer. Chrysler would make a huge step ahead of GM and Ford. But would it work ?

Fiat was always very strong in reviving dying companies ....

Last edited:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that this alliance is so bad for Chrysler.

Mercedes had high tech cars but didn't have experience to work with run down managers.

Contrary Fiat has financially viable products and a LOT OF experience to train old school folks :)

I would like to see Marchionne and Ralph Gilles work together.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that this alliance is so bad for Chrysler.

Mercedes had high tech cars but didn't have experience to work with run down managers.

Contrary Fiat has financially viable products and a LOT OF experience to train old school folks :)

I would like to see Marchionne and Ralph Gilles work together.

You sir are thinking the EXACT same thing I am. While I'm not crazy about it, nor do I like any of Fiat's cars, alot of people are freakin' out about these things. Why I have no clue I feel there pretty ugly and about as competitive as Mini Coopers and Smarts, but if I don't drive them I guess it isn't a bad thing since it'll rake in dough like nuts.

Meanwhile Fiat pretty much owns Ferrari and if you didn't know this, GM owns 10% of Fiat. Of course, 10% isn't much but that's where the $ trickle down to. Still don't know officially if Nissan is sharing tech with Chrysler but there still doing joint ventures with Mitsubishi (which is joint with Peugeot, Diamler, and Hyundai) and now VW with the Caravan. This stuff gets weirder and weirder.:omg:

--RS

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its all good folks,the germans are the best thing that ever happened to the viper,a little ferrari brains wont hurt the viper either!car companys are pretty savy these days on tech,its a new car world out there and its better than ever!if they still make the viper,you can count on it-it will be awsome.:omg:

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its all good folks,the germans are the best thing that ever happened to the viper,a little ferrari brains wont hurt the viper either!car companys are pretty savy these days on tech,its a new car world out there and its better than ever!if they still make the viper,you can count on it-it will be awsome.:omg:

bluesrt's got the right prospective, a positive one. Let's stay positive, this might be the first step to a viable Chrysler and a better Viper. :)

Last edited:

Viper rolls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree - let's not jump to emotional conclusions. Let this play out and see what it really means.

bluesrt's got the right respective, a positive one. Let's stay positive, this might be the first step to a viable Chrysler and a better Viper. :)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if this means the Viper platform is no longer for sale. :dunno:

If not, I think some good thing will come of it as Fiat seems to understand performance cars judging by some of their brands.

Robert

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking this is a good thing. Lets face it......Dodge and Chysler have no product lines at all....what do they have now....Jeep(some models should be kept and some not), the 300(which is now outdated), the Nitro and Caliber(I would get rid of both of them),the new pickup, the minivan(which seems to be going out of style to some degree) and the challenger and viper(small market)

Chysler has no little cars and todays market and the future market is going to be fuel efficient little cars, hybrids, and electric cars.

Some of those Fiats look pretty good and so does the 200C but Chrysler needs small efficient engine technology and small car platforms. I know it is politically incorrect but you could have a viper with a V12.

OP
OP
D

DAMN YANKEE

Today's news Fiat is "burning through cash at an alarming rate."

Perfect.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FIAT needed government (Italian) money also to survive not long ago...

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of electric and small cars, maybe the Viper is going to get gobbled up and we will end up with an "Electric Eel" model instead. At least the badging would still look feaky. Every seen an Electric Eel up close. Scary!!!!!

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Germans are the best thing to happened to the viper " BOY ARE YOU MISS INFORMED" Chrysler was doing just find back in 1998 it was worth 40Billion dollers and had a large cash reserve. Then Daimler buys it for it's cash kills the gas mizer neons which was selling like hot cakes, which they could have used now. To save money the approve cheap materials with bland design interiors. All Daimler ever did was take!take!take! and put back very little. Then when there's no more to take they sell it for a song and The idiots at Cerebus with no car making experience buys it and now feels like they been swindled and now sues Diamler. As a stock holder and mopar fanatic I saw it coming and dumped all my stocks (thank god) and now watch this sad state of affair Chrysler in with a heavy heart! As far as the Viper is concerned, Chrysler didn't need any help back in 89 when it launched the concept or 92 when it produced it or even 98 when the viper was the only baddest machine in town!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As sure as we all remember, Daimler bought Chrysler and said initially the it was the merger of equals and then said it was not. Instead of expanding the market and allowing Chrysler to build
a wide spectrum of vehicles, Daimler took the high end, gave Chrysler leftover platforms, and now all we have is a new pickup and a bunch of SUV wannabes with outdated and fuel inefficient engines.

Daimler threw in the car company as a bonus to Cerebrus. Cerebrus wanted the financial arm of Chrysler and paid 8 billion. Chrysler Financial was worth 8 billion at the time so to Cerebrus, it looked like a good deal. YOU also need to know that Cerebrus as a private company is worth 100 billion dollars and they are getting the government to save Chrysler and are unwilling to spend their own money. Getting Fiat to drop in is the only way Chrysler is going to survive because Cerebrus will not and is not interested in takings risks or further losses.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As sure as we all remember, Daimler bought Chrysler and said initially the it was the merger of equals and then said it was not. Instead of expanding the market and allowing Chrysler to build
a wide spectrum of vehicles, Daimler took the high end, gave Chrysler leftover platforms, and now all we have is a new pickup and a bunch of SUV wannabes with outdated and fuel inefficient engines.

Daimler threw in the car company as a bonus to Cerebrus. Cerebrus wanted the financial arm of Chrysler and paid 8 billion. Chrysler Financial was worth 8 billion at the time so to Cerebrus, it looked like a good deal. YOU also need to know that Cerebrus as a private company is worth 100 billion dollars and they are getting the government to save Chrysler and are unwilling to spend their own money. Getting Fiat to drop in is the only way Chrysler is going to survive because Cerebrus will not and is not interested in takings risks or further losses.

Like I said it's sad all around for a proud and inovating company that was known for their engineering and kick as performance cars through the years!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21