It's going to be a cold day in "H@ll" before........

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It\'s going to be a cold day in \"H@ll\" before........

the 92 R/T is worth some real money:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...256947&rd=1,1

Amazing here is a 92, literally brand new with appx 245 mi, and it only brings $43k at auction. I'm assuming a 93-96 RT with similar mi would fetch appx the same so there is an amazing lack of interest in this rare car. Seems like all the collectors of the 92 that held for long term have lost their buttocks on this car. Unbelieveable.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: It\'s going to be a cold day in \"H@ll\" before........

If I had the $53,300 for the Buy It Now, I would've snatched it up QUICK. Mark my words, in the future (maybe 30-50 years), 92' RT/10's are gonna go for CRAZY money. Think about what a 53' Vette sells for these days. It may take a while, but all Gen 1/2 Vipers are gonna be worth a pretty penny. Especially clean Gen 1's with side exhaust

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well thats one hell of an investment. Bought it for at least 56K back 14 years ago (probably WAY more with dealer mark-up) take care of it for all that time, basically never drive or enjoyed it, and then turn around and sell it for less than you paid... :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep, if ya wanna hang onto it for your grandkids it'll fetch a nice chunk of change.

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Give it time!

Has only been 14 years.

give it another 10-20 then it will start really being a collector.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Give it time!

Has only been 14 years.

give it another 10-20 then it will start really being a collector.
I agree, another 15 yrs, it'll be worth good $$$$

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just wait until everyone figures out how cool the 1992's are. They have so many cool things that the factory did. They serial numbered each hood, the oil pan has the signiture of one of the 4 fathers of the viper engraved in the inside, the head lights are a one year only light (markings).... just to name a few. SOMEONE SHOULD JUMP ON THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That going to bring big dollar at BJ in the future!

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know about you guys but I buy my cars to drive. Why save it for the next guy? I agree with you guys that they will start to bring big money some day.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember when the first 92 showed up at "Stevens Creek Dodge" in San Jose. They were asking something like $255k for it! Obviously it didn't sell for that, but who knows what they did get for it.

I got a copy of the original sales slip on my 94 (manufactured in Oct 93) and it sold for $92k! I bought it 3 years and 3k miles later for well under 1/2 that.

Anyway, the 92 will likely be worth some $$ some day. I'm happy to just be able to drive mine.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Reserve was not met as is the case with most Vipers on ebay.

Hopefully the owner stuck to his guns at 53k

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So he paid $53k fourteen years ago for the car. At 5% interest that $53k would be worth $106k now. You can get 5% with no risk, insurance, storage costs, etc.

Yes, I'd rather look at a car in the garage than a statement too, but an investment, it is not. Yet, anyway.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree that the 1992 is destined to be a big $$ car in 15-25 years or more. However the markup on the original sales of it was insane so original owners will have to wait long to get that markup back and not enjoy the Viper. However, the original owners had the baddest ride in the world before anybody else which is priceless.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good point, did some of the early 92's not get badges on the front, or rt/10 stickers on the side sills ?

Read the Q/A section, sees interesting.

Jon